Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-10, 08:17 AM   #1
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom
Default Florida bound April 9th.

I need some phone #'s. Just so y'all know I don't need a place to stay, just people to fish and/or drink beer with. It's getting close and I'm only in contact with 2 members. C'mon guys help me out here.
Old 03-31-10, 09:07 AM   #2
woody

Tom, sorry I can't help ya with your Florida trip. But if you're ever out my way, I'd be more than happy to show you around here and drink a beer or two.. with you.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 10:53 AM   #3
Randy
BassFishin.Com Member

I live in Tampa, fish most of the time in Lake Tarpon at Tarpon Springs, Fl. The Tarpon Turtle is a very good place to drink beer and eat some hot wings. You can do all of that while sitting on a nice wooden deck overlooking the lake. Not to mention the live music on the weekends. Call me if your near lake Tarpon on the weekends Randy 727-243-3716
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 12:52 PM   #4
66KingFisher

I'm headed to Land-O-Lakes Florida on the 8th, but i've bout give up any notion of fishin while there.....I never did connect with any locals, and my son-n-law doesn't fish, and I really don't wanna have to buy enough tackle just so I can hit a local canal or pond once or twice while i'm there, and because we're flying i'm not gonna take any of my own tackle, so....I may just stick to the drinkin beer part....hahaha....I dunno.

Tom, I hope you have some luck while your there.....You gonna be in the Land-O-Lakes area?
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 02:19 PM   #5
bassintom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
.....You gonna be in the Land-O-Lakes area?
I can be..I have no real plans except for meeting up with everyone that Pm'd me their numbers. I'll be near, Tampa, Clearwater, Orlando, Jacksonville, wherever FlFireman is and just all over the place.
Old 03-31-10, 07:07 PM   #6
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66KingFisher View Post
I'm headed to Land-O-Lakes Florida on the 8th, but i've bout give up any notion of fishin while there.....I never did connect with any locals, and my son-n-law doesn't fish, and I really don't wanna have to buy enough tackle just so I can hit a local canal or pond once or twice while i'm there, and because we're flying i'm not gonna take any of my own tackle, so....I may just stick to the drinkin beer part....hahaha....I dunno.

Tom, I hope you have some luck while your there.....You gonna be in the Land-O-Lakes area?

Ever think of getting a Pack Rod (Cabelas), or something similar? Fits in your luggage I hear. I might pick one up for my future Vegas trips
Old 03-31-10, 07:09 PM   #7
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom View Post
I can be..I have no real plans except for meeting up with everyone that Pm'd me their numbers. I'll be near, Tampa, Clearwater, Orlando, Jacksonville, wherever FlFireman is and just all over the place.

If I were still in Jax, we'd catch some bass and hit Buckets Baja Beach Club on a Tuesday for all you can eat wings.
I live in Michigan now. Not exactly a vacation spot
Old 03-31-10, 07:58 PM   #8
bassintom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Ever think of getting a Pack Rod (Cabelas), or something similar? Fits in your luggage I hear. I might pick one up for my future Vegas trips
I couldn't fish with something like that. If worse comes to worse I'll just buy a setup and have my cousin ship it to me when I get home. Or buy a cheap rig and give it away before I leave Fla.
Old 03-31-10, 09:41 PM   #9
Bender

I looked at travel rods recently and the only one I found that would be a great choice was the St. Croix Tidemaster Travel. They are about $200 but it's about the only casting travel rod I could find. I procrastinated as usual and didn't have time to get one shipped to me before I left on a couple trips so I just bought a rod and then stopped at Lowes and bought 3" PVC and caps to ship it home.
The other option is the Loomis Escape series, but they are insanely expensive ($600+) or very cheapos.

Edit: Only problem with the Tidemaster 7' rod is it only breaks down to 32" or 34" so it wouldn't fit in my luggage anyway. Most airlines do let you carry a small rod tube on but I wouldn't try it with my big Bazuka rod tube, has to fit in an overhead.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 09:55 PM   #10
danielbasspro
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Well you could come to my house and chill I might be able to sneak you a beer LOL.
Old 04-02-10, 06:47 PM   #11
WTL

I was originally coming in on the 16th. I might be able to come in a bit earlier (the 15, maaybe the 14th) if someone with a boat wants to meet at lake kissimmee? I need to make reservations, they are waiting on me, so anyone, Tom, Flfireman, 66 and everyone if they want to try and meet up let me know. I wish I had room in my boat, but I just couldn't kick my Dad out.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 07:26 PM   #12
bassintom

I'll definitely be heading home on the 16th. I'm up for anything up to the 15th.
Old 04-02-10, 07:35 PM   #13
WTL

No I know, you have a plane ticket I think you said. The problem is the boat....like I said I really want to fish with you guys, near you guys, whatever...I just don't have room in a boat. I have a few rods, we could all probably get by there...maybe not technique specific but that would be workable...
Old 04-02-10, 08:03 PM   #14
bassintom

If rentals are available I would be up for that if I could borrow a rod from someone.. I'm going to get in touch with Hoser. I fished with him & Lizards the last time I was there and Hoser says he's up for a day of fishing but I think he's farther southeast maybe somewhere below Daytona.
Old 04-02-10, 09:11 PM   #15
WTL

http://www.campmack.com/BoatRentals.asp

Camp Mack which is literally next door to where I am staying has rentals. I will have extra batteries and might be able to get a weak bow mount TM for you to borrow and I might be able to hand you a couple baitcasting setups for a day. I have an area to fish in mind that is close, maybe 2 miles by boat, and would be good if we had several guys in a few boats - an area of bullrushes and pads sorta out off a point with a channel and a shellbed nearby...could chat from boat to boat while having control of the TMs.
Old 04-02-10, 10:05 PM   #16
Christopherkeene9

Hoser is about an hour and half or more south of DB.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 10:15 PM   #17
bassintom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopherkeene9 View Post
Hoser is about an hour and half or more south of DB.
He's near Stick Marsh..correct? I remember it was a cruise down to the stick marsh from where I stayed, just below Daytona.

Billy , that sounds like a plan, hopefully we can get someone else to join up with us.
Old 04-02-10, 10:29 PM   #18
WTL

I think Stick Marsh is near florida 60, which is the state hwy going by kissimmee..

I'm sorry I can't be more accommodating, if it were just up to me I would meet yall anywhere, anytime...but my Dad was just saying the other night that he's an old man and he wants to go to his spots...lol. I can understand that. So lake Hatchineha. Tom, I will give them a call tommorow, try to come in on the 14th. On the 14th I'll arrive, go to walmart and get food, launch the boat, be ready to see you and whomever on the 15th. I will talk it over with the old man, but I think he will be OK with that.

Last edited by WTL; 04-02-10 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-03-10, 08:53 AM   #19
Christopherkeene9

Yes, it's just a shortly little drive west I believe from him. He's right off of 95.
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 11:55 AM   #20
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

We are way up at the northwest end of FL in the panhandle and will likely be camping at the lake or river that weekend... if you start your trip up this way let me know and I can send a number and have a rod waiting. Would be from shore though as I do not have a boat.
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 03:26 PM   #21
bassintom

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballl View Post
We are way up at the northwest end of FL in the panhandle and will likely be camping at the lake or river that weekend... if you start your trip up this way let me know and I can send a number and have a rod waiting. Would be from shore though as I do not have a boat.
Since I'll be all over Fla. I'd appreciate if you could PM me your cell and I'll send you mine.I'll try to swing by and at least say hello.
Old 04-06-10, 08:30 PM   #22
WTL

Tom, I'm just not sure I am going to get there the 15th. Have you talked to hoseholder?

I mean its still possible we could make it, but my Dad is really procrastinating which is what I worried about. I just don't want to set you up where you are going there and we might not yet be there.
Old 04-06-10, 08:40 PM   #23
flbassman

If your comin thru jax twice I can lend you a rod. I know we've got some plans to fish, so give me a call sometime monday and we'll work out a day. I've got a tight schedule that week, out of town this thursday thru sunday, work all day monday, but I got some time tuesday and wednesday when we could wet a line if your in the jax region. If not, call anyway and I can steer you to some ponds.
Old 04-07-10, 03:45 PM   #24
bassintom

Sounds good, I'll call you. Thanks
Old 04-08-10, 09:52 PM   #25
flfireman

WTL and Tom call me. 321-508-1663 (cell). I can work something out. Camp Mack isn't that bad of a drive for me. I can fish 3-4 in my boat if necessary (Pro Team 190). Thursday the 15th???? Give me a call, Im off work but wouldn't be able to get there until 9ish. I'll be coming off shift the 15th.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.