Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-10, 06:38 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default College rivalries

OK................this is the last week of regular season games for my favorite college team, ALABAMA. we host AUBURN friday at BRYANT- DENNY STADIUM. AUBURN is ranked #2 in the nation and is the wonner of the SEC WEST. ALABAMA is ranked #11 and is the defending NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. yes i am rooting for ALABAMA to win the game.

but i want to see everyone else's rivalries and who is YOUR team.

who is gonna win the IRON BOWL? do ya even HAVE to ask,lol.

ROLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!! RAMMER-JAMMER,YELLER-HAMMER, GIVE'EM HE77 ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-10, 06:54 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well, we have the Egg Bowl here in Mississippi. Ole Miss Teddy Bears vs. the Mississippi State Bulldogs. Ole Miss is 4-7 this year, MSU is 7-4, and ranked 25 in the nation...you make the prediction....
Old 11-23-10, 06:55 PM   #3
MIbasser

I know the Ohio guys won't say this, but mine is University of Michigan. I went to Michigan State and bleed GREEN!!! It doesn't hurt that we have the #10/11 team in football and the #2 team in basketball (however that may not last long).
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 10:23 PM   #4
bcklash

We have the Commonwealth Cup game this week VA TECH vs uva. TOUCHDOWN HOKIES
Old 11-23-10, 10:34 PM   #5
keithdog

Well, it's been a tough several years for us Irish fans, but my heart belongs to Notre Dame. I have a good feeling about Coach Kelley though. He riminds me a lot of Coach Parsegian back when he took over for the Irish. We have three games that are big rivalries really. Michigan and Purdue are probably our biggest rivals. Always big games for us. Also, USC which the Irish play this weekend has always been a big rival for us. Purdue is an interstate rival and viewed internationally. BUT, what many folks don't know is that way back when Notre Dame first decided to get involved with football, they sent their boys up to the University of Michigan to learn the game. So I'd say Michigan is our biggest rival. GO IRISH!!! BEAT USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 12:20 AM   #6
Bender

For me Ohio State beating Michigan = a good year. They could lose every other game of the year and I wouldn't care. Maybe a bit of an overstatement but you get the idea. Coach Cooper couldn't get it done but Tressel has been good. This year will be a tough one.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 12:39 AM   #7
Chancho
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
That's right, sportsfans- The Fighting Scissors of Charlottesville will be taking on the Cornfed Gobblers of Blacksburg. It might actually be a good game this year.

Maybe.

Probably not.

Ah, who's kidding who? Hokies by 24, minimum.

By halftime.
Chancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 08:10 AM   #8
tarpon120
BassFishin.Com Active Member

WAR EAGLE the tigers will win in Bryant Denny Friday. Although my wife is a bama fan and will be at the game and my daughter graduated from there its all blue and orange for me.
tarpon120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 08:59 AM   #9
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
For me Ohio State beating Michigan = a good year. They could lose every other game of the year and I wouldn't care. Maybe a bit of an overstatement but you get the idea. Coach Cooper couldn't get it done but Tressel has been good. This year will be a tough one.
One of the funniest road signs I ever saw was when I was driving through northern Ohio on the toll road. It said, "KEEP OHIO BEAUTIFUL. DUMP YOUR TRASH IN MICHIGAN". hahahaha
Old 11-24-10, 09:22 AM   #10
WTL

The best rivalry is Bama-tennessee. Auburn is just little brother, always will be.
Old 11-24-10, 11:22 AM   #11
doc

Arkansas and LSU

Man I hate LSU
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 02:15 PM   #12
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Nebraska....

We lose all of our yearly rivals after this year. But, I for one am excited to make new ones in the Big Ten next year!
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-10, 05:01 PM   #13
Cavs1123

THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!!!! I think the scores gonna be in the high 50's to 14 OSU on top! Robinson is gonna get knocked out in the 1st quarter!

GO BUCKS!!!!!
Old 11-24-10, 07:18 PM   #14
flfireman

Florida vs Florida State. Noles having a good season, but hoping my GATORS will pull their heads out of their butts and whoop their butts.
Old 11-24-10, 07:27 PM   #15
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
I will be cheering for the Orange and Blue, but sadly reality should set in around the 2nd qtr.
Old 11-25-10, 12:16 AM   #16
ran24
BassFishin.Com Member

The Old Oaken Bucket game Indiana Hoosiers vs. Purdue Toiletmakers.......Go HOOSIERS!!
ran24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 12:54 AM   #17
walkeraviator

Kentucky vs Louisville will shut this while state down in both football and basketball...

What's the difference in a dynasty and a wannabe? 5 national championships and about 70 miles...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 01:49 PM   #18
Rebbasser

No other even comes close:

TEXAS A&M
VS

texas university, better known as tu.

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA tu!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-10, 10:55 PM   #19
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

The best rivalry in college football is MICHIGAN vs osu.
Doubt I have to tell you who I root for
Old 11-26-10, 12:55 AM   #20
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ran24 View Post
The Old Oaken Bucket game Indiana Hoosiers vs. Purdue Toiletmakers.......Go HOOSIERS!!
Since I happen to hate Purdue, I rather like this!
Old 11-26-10, 08:25 AM   #21
bamabassman

today is IRON BOWL DAY!! yes i am up early i know. went to bed early from all the food i ate yesterday. was watching texas-texas a&m till i fell asleep and lisa made me go to bed, lol. so i am up and ready to watch the TIDE ROLL OVER DEM LITTLE KITTIES............hopefully,lol. 1:30 pm central time. let the WAR begin!

this is in most peoples opion the fiercest rivalry in college football. i know it devides the state of ALABAMA in too for the year. on this day......you might as well stay away and hide your guns, hahaha. unplug the phone, turn off the computer, cell phones and board up the doors.

for real, i think this is going to be a very hard fought game. but i truly think BAMA will win, not gonna predict a score. too close to call. the line had bama by 11 on monday, 4 on wednesday....probably even today. haha, i think we will be throwing the ball alot. we will have ingram and richardson back, but i don't think they are 100% though. both are still hurt, and julio jones is playing with a broken hand, he may be used as a decoy. look for the tight ends and slot recievers to have a big day. auburns secondary is rated 100th in the country. this is why i think BAMA will come out throwing the ball.

IF we lose, like i have said before..........i WILL ROOT FOR AUBURN TO WIN IT ALL! think about it, 2 SEC teams form the SAME state winning the national title back to back. AWESUM! 6 of the last 7 years an SEC team wins the title. UNREAL. says alot about the SEC don't it?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOUR TEAMS GANG.

OH YEAH.........ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTIDE ROLL! hehe.
Old 11-26-10, 10:45 AM   #22
barkelypup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
Kentucky vs Louisville will shut this while state down in both football and basketball...

What's the difference in a dynasty and a wannabe? 5 national championships and about 70 miles...

What Walkeraviator said. GO BIG BLUE!

Not to Highjack Bama's thread but my most heated rivalry comes from my High School. My MIGHT BREATHITT COUNTY BOBCATS have owned the estill county engineers for years. What makes it so sweet to me is I no longer live in my home town as I had to move to Central Kentucky with my job. I now go to Church in Estill county and since they have not beaten us since 1991 (I'm pretty sure on this date as it was my Froshmen year) I get to annually rub in thier faces (all in love) our yearly victory. We have crushed thier dreams of a district and State Title so many times I've lost count. So each Fall after our anual victory I adorn my wife, 2 kids and myself in our Breathitt County gear and gloat my way to Sunday Service. They almost got us this year and before the game I told them before they could even open thier mouth about the game that they would have to win at least 2 State Championships (we have 3 1995, 1996, 2002 and Runner up in 2009) and beat us 14 times. Ohhh it is so much fun but sadly now with new district and class realignments we will no longer play each year. I guess I truly got the first and last laugh on them. My favorite quote of all time comes from one of my friends who's son plays on the team. "I love to talk trash but to you I have nothing". On a side note I root for Estill to have a sucessful season each year. They are truly good folks who take it all in stride. GO BOBCATS!

Last edited by barkelypup; 11-26-10 at 10:59 AM.
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 10:58 AM   #23
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

WAR EAGLE! Should be an interesting day. I believe it will be windy during the game which will make the throwing game a little more hazardous. The field is wet right now but may be pretty dry by gametime if the wet weather will move on out. Should be a great game regardless.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-10, 08:02 PM   #24
nobass

sorry bama but you got to admit it was one heck of a game
Old 11-26-10, 08:31 PM   #25
bamabassman

i ain't a sore loser nobass. great game is more like it. we had auburn down 21-0, then jsut let them rise up. auburn fought hard for this win too. but congrats to them, now i am gonna root for them to FINISH IT. 2 games to go auburn. you can do it. if you can come into t-town and come from behind and beat us. you can win ANYWHERE against ANYONE. it was truly a classic game. congrats to auburn again. they deserved it cause they fought for it tooth and nail.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.