Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-12, 04:30 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Prayers...

Recently my grandma's been in pretty bad shape. Heart problems and such. Not sure of all the details right now, but I'll get back to yall with the details soon. I do know that she's been diagnosed with Arterial Sclerosis just recently. She's was taken to the hospital via ambulance today or last night, and she's being transferred from Ladysmith to Eau Clair right now. My dad's on the way to see her now, depending on how things are we might head over there pretty soon.

We're not sure if she's got a whole lot of time left guys, pray hard. Thanks.
Old 02-18-12, 04:34 PM   #2
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My prayers go out to all of you, Sam.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 06:38 PM   #3
bamabassman

sam my friend. we are and will continue to pray for your grandmother. and for your entire family as well buddy.
Old 02-18-12, 07:23 PM   #4
Jrob78

I'll keep your grandma and your family in my prayers buddy.
Old 02-18-12, 07:35 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Just sent one up for you guys Sammy, and will continue to do so.
Old 02-18-12, 08:08 PM   #6
keithdog

The prayers are being sent Sammy. Keep us informed on how she is doing.
Old 02-18-12, 08:19 PM   #7
kennethdaysale

Absolutely...........keep us posted.
Old 02-18-12, 09:10 PM   #8
bcklash

Praying for you and your family Sam.
Old 02-19-12, 09:50 AM   #9
joedog

Sam and brother and Dad,
wish you good fortune with your turn of events. I'm truely sorry to hear the news. Eau Claire has great clinics and Hospitals.Two of my brothers lived there for a period of time.
My prayers sent, candle lite!

Last edited by joedog; 02-19-12 at 02:42 PM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-12, 01:54 PM   #10
Bassboss

Thanks guys, means allot.

Turns out she had some kind of fluid backed up in her heart... some much as to where she had difficulty talking. They gave her something that got rid of most of the fluid and she can talk a little better now. She blood pressure is stabilized for now.
Old 02-19-12, 05:16 PM   #11
bamabassman

whew....thanks for the update sam. glad she is on the mend buddy.
Old 02-19-12, 08:04 PM   #12
Bassboss

They're deciding weather or not to do a procedure called a angiogram to help clear the fluid and prevent it from happening again. If she decides she wants to do it, then he has 35/65 chance of it happening again, if she doesn't do it, then their's a 50/50 - at which point they would start thinking about comfortive care. There's also two valves in her heart which don't close all the way, which if one of the reasons he pressure is so wack... the procedure should help with that two

She's really tiered of all these medical procedures, and we'll support her with what ever she decides on. Regardless of the choice, my dad's wanting her to move in with us since we got an extra room. Better then her staying alone.
Old 02-19-12, 08:10 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
They're deciding weather or not to do a procedure called a angiogram to help clear the fluid and prevent it from happening again. If she decides she wants to do it, then he has 35/65 chance of it happening again, if she doesn't do it, then their's a 50/50 - at which point they would start thinking about comfortive care. There's also two valves in her heart which don't close all the way, which if one of the reasons he pressure is so wack... the procedure should help with that two

She's really tiered of all these medical procedures, and we'll support her with what ever she decides on. Regardless of the choice, my dad's wanting her to move in with us since we got an extra room. Better then her staying alone.
My grandpa has been in and out of the hospital the last few years with a very similair situation. We thought we were going to lose him a few months back but he is doing great now. Many prayers to your grandma and your family Sammy.
Old 02-20-12, 12:42 AM   #14
joedog

The moving in is a great idea!
Share that with your dad.
For you, having a person in your own home with the knowledge she possess is flat out incredible.
I only met one Grandparent, Grandma, and she was quiet but the things she shared with me I'll remember always.
I wish your Grandma the best and enjoy her time with you.

Last edited by joedog; 02-20-12 at 08:29 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 01:46 AM   #15
bamabassman

sam.......i'm going to share with oyu a story. when i was in the 10th grade i did an interview with my mothers father. i did it wiht a tape recorder. it was all we had back then ok? it was a school project, so i had to turn it in. the teacher loved it so much she asked if she could keep it for future classes. i sad yes of course. not ever thinking my poppa reese would ever pass on. well here i am thinking of him again....

look, if it is at all possible, get you a video camera and jsut sit down and video her talking aobut how she grew up. what she saw. ask her when was the first time she saw a car, train, plane, phone......EVERYTHING.

my grandfather grew up during the GOLDEN AGE of america. he saw the inventions of everything form steam locomotives going to what is used now to going from radio to tv to sattelite tv. he saw man go from kittyhawk to man landing on the moon. and he saw more than that. if oyu sit down and LISTEN to what these people had to go through jsut to SURVIVE life, the GREAT DEPRESSION to now. you can learn alot about history form her. make up a list of questions, a nevr ending list. get her to talk aobut her earliest memories through today. then watch it over and over. then make copies for everyone in the family. trust me on this sam. years from now, oyu will be glad oyu did it.

i often wish i still had that tape recording. jsut to hear his voice once more.

trust me on this sam, and do it now.
Old 02-21-12, 08:01 PM   #16
Bassboss

Thanks, and sounds like a good idea to me John!

Here's an another update taken off my dads facebook page.

Quote:
Grandma underwent an angiogram this morning that enabled doctors to very accurately diagnose her problem. The doctor came in and drew a diagram on the whiteboard describing exactly what what was going on (and this is why everyone should take anatomy at some point). The problem is called Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation http://www.mayoclinic.org/tricuspid-valve-disease/ - that is the cause of her heart problems. The traditional fix for this is open heart surgery to repair or replace the valve. Recently, however, doctors are using a clip http://www.abbottvascular.com/int/mitraclip.html to repair it, which is placed *without* open heart surgery. They only do that in major cities, though. So grandma will probably be getting out of the hospital Wednesday and we will follow up in Minnesota a week or so later to see if she is a candidate to have the clip placed.
In her words she's feeling "Weak but better," She's open to the producer and everything, hope everything goes well.

Last edited by Bassboss; 02-21-12 at 08:28 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 09:01 PM   #17
bamabassman

sam, my borther had a valve replaced at the age of 9 (he is 52 now), then re-done a couple of years ago. doc said this one would outlive him. thanks for the update sam.

now go get the camcorder...............

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.