Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-12, 11:00 PM   #1
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default jig swallowing bass

Well the plans to go to Miami State Lake got changed a little bit. I met up with Sam at Lake Wabunsee after being shown some pictures of some really nice largemouth and smallmouth and being all but guaranteed some quality fish. The lake did not disappoint. I got there about an hour before he did and got to work quickly, catching a solid 18+ inch keeper on one of my homemade jigs, which turned out to be the bait of choice for almost all of the bigger fish I caught.

Sam got there and I was basically on a guided trip for the day only I was running the trolling motor. Mostly caught largemouth but did get a few smaller smallmouth mixed in too. We for sure had 12-15 that would have been close to being keepers (18") and in the 3 pound range and they where munching jigs.

Despite the numbers of quality fish the big fish eluded us, until about 15 minutes before I had to leave. I got a light bite and my hands set the hook before my brain truly registered the bite. Although all the fish fought hard and I'd be mistaken several times thinking I'd hooked a big fish that turned out to be "just another 3 pounder" this fish had strength and weight. After a pretty good little tussle, Sam got the net under her. Board was too short for a measurement but she was very thick and 5lbs 10ozs and almost swallowed my homemade 3/8oz Texas craw jig.

I ended the day with 27 fish to put me at 727 bass on the year

Last edited by bluebasser86; 04-17-12 at 08:28 AM.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-12, 11:37 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Great job and good pics. You know you got what they want when they are munchin the jig that bad. The dog seems only slightly impressed with your almost 6 lber. Must be a pretty tough partner to want a bigger fish than that, haha.
Old 04-17-12, 12:58 PM   #3
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

More sweet fish, Blue...very nice. You are just a bass catchin' machine! My MN bass count remains at 0, and my IA bass count stands at 5.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 06:47 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Really love the photos and what a great dog! He looks very serious as far as bass are concerned!!! haha I make my own spinnerbaits but am thinking about starting to assemble my own jigs. I love being able to customize exactly what I want. Congrats on the great year.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.