Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-12, 07:39 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default My $12.00 Bass

Went out to the local hole this morning, got there around 0630 and the conditions seemed right for a frog. It was nice and cool with a thick cloud cover, no breeze and extremely calm water. I still had the jig on my frog/jig rod and as soon as I made my assessment I made the switch (which has made me believe I need 2 frog/jig rods so I don't have to switch out baits unless I want to swap colors).

As I was approaching the water there was a nice splash and swirl; I told the fish I had number and would be dialing soon! I made two casts to my left and nothing, so I made a cast to my right in between some rocks and lily pads (where the splash/swirl was when I walked up). Started popping my frog along and BAM...this fish literally annihilated my frog. He wanted it, there was no need for a 3 count or anything. I have never had a bass slam a frog like this!

All in all only caught 2 today (better than I expected and the frog bite was good enough for me).

First two pics are of my $12.00 bass since he literally destroyed my frog and it sinks now. My favorite popping frog of them all, but it was worth it. Looks like he had jaw or busted something too...his bucket wasn't quite straight. The second pic is a little fella that destroyed a 5" senko...LOL! He was hungry!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frogbass1.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	8157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frogbass2.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	467.2 KB
ID:	8158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Senkobass.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	479.6 KB
ID:	8159  
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-12, 07:47 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCbassman View Post
Went out to the local hole this morning, got there around 0630 and the conditions seemed right for a frog. It was nice and cool with a thick cloud cover, no breeze and extremely calm water. I still had the jig on my frog/jig rod and as soon as I made my assessment I made the switch (which has made me believe I need 2 frog/jig rods so I don't have to switch out baits unless I want to swap colors).

As I was approaching the water there was a nice splash and swirl; I told the fish I had number and would be dialing soon! I made two casts to my left and nothing, so I made a cast to my right in between some rocks and lily pads (where the splash/swirl was when I walked up). Started popping my frog along and BAM...this fish literally annihilated my frog. He wanted it, there was no need for a 3 count or anything. I have never had a bass slam a frog like this!

All in all only caught 2 today (better than I expected and the frog bite was good enough for me).

First two pics are of my $12.00 bass since he literally destroyed my frog and it sinks now. My favorite popping frog of them all, but it was worth it. Looks like he had jaw or busted something too...his bucket wasn't quite straight. The second pic is a little fella that destroyed a 5" senko...LOL! He was hungry!
Oh no, this is where the trouble starts.

Glad you had some frog action, there isn't a better bite out there. Sorry it busted up your frog though. You need more rods and more frogs!
Old 08-26-12, 08:30 PM   #3
USMCbassman

The trouble has already started...LOL! That's ok though I have an advantage over the wife so I'm not concerned My wife's shoe and purse collection far exceeds my rod and reel collection in both price and quantity Yet she continuously asks how many rods and reels I need; I always rebuttal with, "how many purses do you need? You can only carry one at a time!" All I ever get out of here is a big smile and her saying, "Touche".

I love frog action man, my heart starts pumping when a bass kills it! No worries on the frog and yes sir I do, I do need more frogs and rods. This gives me the opportunity to expand my popping frog collection. I have plenty of non-poppers.
Old 08-26-12, 08:41 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lol..monkey is REALLY eating on oyu marine. hahahaha!!!! i love it. nice fish too! ain't it awesum when a blowup happens like that? of course i wouldn't know......it's been soooo long. hahahaha!!!

as for the wife....all i can say is...purses and shoes are oyur best counter attack sir. well done!!! oh...and matching belts, and earrings and necklaces and watches.....oh wel oyu get the idea. hahahaha!!! it all plays out in the end though.
Old 08-26-12, 09:48 PM   #5
WTL

$12 per bass is a steal.

Seriously, wonder what our average would be if we were to divide amount of money on total gear/gas/missed opportunities by the number of bass we have caught. Would we still be fishermen?
Old 08-26-12, 10:16 PM   #6
nofearengineer

My bass per dollar ratio would make a U.S. Congressman blush.
Old 08-26-12, 10:45 PM   #7
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
My bass per dollar ratio would make a U.S. Congressman blush.
Mine would be pretty bad too, especially this year. I don't want to know.
Not on the same level as you but bad for me.
Old 08-26-12, 10:56 PM   #8
USMCbassman

I hear ya'll, I have a small fortune invested in Senkos alone so far this year, not to mention all the other stuff (boat rentals, etc)...

bama- I have a tendency to get hyper focused on hobbies and will invest into them. Fishing is probably one of my cheaper if not cheapest hobbies.
Old 08-26-12, 11:23 PM   #9
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Try some super glue on the frog. Maybe you can bandage it up for another.
Old 08-26-12, 11:39 PM   #10
keithdog

Having a bass explode on a frog is almost as exciting as having a pheasant explode into the air. It's magical. Hey, I know this monkey who has tons of fishing gear for sale!
Old 08-27-12, 08:52 PM   #11
bamabassman

well if saving money is the name of the game....i'm WAAAYYYY up, hahahaha!!! can't lose any ifn ya don't CATCH any fish right? BWAAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 08-27-12, 10:44 PM   #12
USMCbassman

Keith- Who would that be?

bama- For some reason I have a hard time believing you don't catch any fish. Even though all the dink jokes made me think of you yesterday. I found a bass swimming sideways and he was all of an inch or so long. I tried to catch him, but as soon as I touched him he took off like a bat out of hell never to be seen again. I wanted a picture to post for you
Old 08-28-12, 07:57 PM   #13
bamabassman

lol....well i HAVE caught some nice ones....looooonggg ago and far,far away it seems like. but over the past couple of years...ok...4 years, i can't seem to get anything like i used ot. maybe if i went back to the manns jelly worms? lol.
Old 09-11-12, 06:58 AM   #14
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
$12 per bass is a steal.

Seriously, wonder what our average would be if we were to divide amount of money on total gear/gas/missed opportunities by the number of bass we have caught. Would we still be fishermen?
Many many years ago I came to the realization that fishing could no longer be looked at as a hobby or even an avocation. It was just as vital to my survival and well being as food, shelter and clothing. So I began to figure it into my fixed expenses just like the mortgage etc.

No one feels guilty about making a house payment do they? Of course not, owning a home is an investment not just financially but also in your sanity and security.

Relax and enjoy it, the day will come soon enough when your family is gathered around your headstone. I would rather them say things like " Ken was one of the happiest men I ever knew" instead of " Ken sure could have used another good worm/jig rig, I'll never understand why he just didn't go buy one"
Old 09-11-12, 08:18 AM   #15
lilmule

Ive had a couple of long trips for a short duration that I had no info on prior and the cost exceeded $100 per.
Chalked it up to sight seeing and going or being somewhere I hadnt been prior.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.