Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-12, 01:11 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Talking Monday morning laugh for you all...

At my expense:

After fishing all day yesterday I was tired when I got home. I helped my wife make dinner and we sat down to watch Jeff Dunham on comedy central. Well he had a new show coming on after the one we were watching, the wife went to bed and I started to watch the new show.

Long story short, I fell asleep on the couch, woke up a couple hours later and made my way upstairs. My wife was sound asleep; I was trying to be quiet so I didn't wake her up and didn't turn any lights on. Anyways, somehow I forgot we had a big oak dresser in our room and I mean BIG. Next to that is a chair where I bent over (in pitch black dark) to put something on the chair. Again forgetting about the dresser!!! I caught the freaking corner of this dresser right between the eyes at the top of the bridge of my nose! I hit it so damn hard I think my eyes crossed, made them water, rattled me awake and dropped me to my knees. I thought I'd broke my damn nose!!!

Yes, it's still sore this morning! I'm laughing now as well, but I sure as hell wasn't last night
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12, 01:15 PM   #2
USMCbassman

BTW- I don't why it's in bold, it wouldn't let me un-bold it...
Old 10-08-12, 01:27 PM   #3
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The question is.....DID YOU WAKE THE WIFE?

I've heard that story a 100 times......woman comes to work Monday with black eye again. When asked what happened....it's always......I ran into something. Seems maybe the roles got reversed

Just messing with ya!
I was waiting for a broken big toe......but I can laugh at a 'broken nose' just as well

Truly though I'm sorry to hear your misfortune.
Old 10-08-12, 02:54 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

hate when that happens...and it happens to me alot. lol. but it is usually my toe that gets stumped. sorry, just tell the folks at work you and the wife had a "missunderstanding" and oyu lost. hahahaha!!!
Old 10-08-12, 09:04 PM   #5
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

OUCH! Hope you aren't going to have two black eyes. I, too, was expecting the broken toe but your story made My eyes water!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-12, 10:34 PM   #6
USMCbassman

JD- No I didn't wake the wife, LOL! I maintained my bearing as much as possible and stayed as quiet as possible!

No black eyes yet. I didn't break my nose thankfully so I shouldn't have any black eyes.

I can tell you a horror story about "stubbing" a toe. Only I didn't stub mine, I snapped my 4th toe completely in half about a year ago. It literally sounded like someone snapped a stick in half. Talk about pain!

I don't know what it is either, but why do dogs want to get in your face when you're in sheer pain? When I broke my toe I couldn't get my freaking dog out of my face and all I wanted was to be in pain by myself!
Old 10-09-12, 07:18 AM   #7
Bassin' Gal
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Completely understand about the dog!!! They sense your pain and are trying to comfort you but holy cow, how you want them to just leave you alone!
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 09:16 AM   #8
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds very painfill! Maybe, next time turn on the hall light and step inside. lol It's usually my toe that gets it too.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.