Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-12, 08:59 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Tackle inventory

Normally I get out all my tackle the day after Thanksgiving and get it all organized and take inventory of everything. That didn't happen this year, so I finally hauled it all out yesterday and got everything straightened away. Other than spinnerbaits and buzzbaits, here's what the rest of it looked like...

You'd think I have enough there for several years, but with 5 more months of off-season, I don't like my odds of *not* adding anything else before the 2013 bass opener here.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-12, 09:19 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

dean....i am NOT laughing at you my friend. i amd WITH oyu buddy. lol, when i bring in all my "boxes"...lisa roll her eyes, breaths deeply SEVERAL times and then after a couple of days says," when are oyu going to get this out of here!!" hahahhaa, i "plan" on deleting quiet a few things this winter. i just have too much. so i am SERIOULY going to downsize i think.

i have things, mostly soft plastics that i have had for almost 10 years. still in great shape..but i never use them. so i think i will delete them instead of having them take up vailuable space in the boat.

good luck in oyur organizing. and pray i can get rid of some stuf,hahaha. hard to let go of stuff ya know.
Old 12-16-12, 09:57 PM   #3
bassinbob

Good Lord. I thought I was a tackle junkie. Are those all new for next year?
Old 12-16-12, 10:06 PM   #4
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Good Lord. I thought I was a tackle junkie. Are those all new for next year?
No, only a few packs of senkos and a few other small items are new. I just need to get everything out and sorted so I can see what I do and don't have, and how much/many of what I do have.
Old 12-16-12, 10:44 PM   #5
keithdog

I remember when Zooker shared a photo with all his crankbait boxes spead out on his boat. And that was just crankbait boxes! LOL Wish I had that photo to share. Looks like your very organized. I did the same thing a month ago. Like John, I weeded out quite a bit and have lots of soft plastics I just don't use. Might give some of it to my brother.
Old 12-17-12, 12:08 AM   #6
WatterBoy

My bait monkey also wanted to mention that I go through a fair amount of tackle each year by supplying a lot of what our guests use. Many of them only fish once a year when they come up to our cabin, so they use rods/reels of ours and typically a lot of plastics if the fish are biting. And I now have 4 nephews who tend to get a fair amount of the "bottom of my tackle box" stuff each Christmas, and they are ecstatic to get new stuff that way.
Old 12-17-12, 12:42 AM   #7
aikenyounggun

Wait, is that everything? I used to just use all my dads stuff since he had so much of it and have bought a good bit over the last 4 years or so. If I laid out all of his soft plastics, or mine, well dang. I think the crap I took to college would cover that much area.

I don't have a problem..... None of us do
Old 12-17-12, 01:21 AM   #8
Jrob78

You're off to a good start, you have a long way to go though.

You need to get some of those hard baits out the package and start fishing them. I know you're a soft plastics guy but you should get you a casting set up with a cranking rod and concentrate on crankbaits next year. Just a suggestion
Old 12-17-12, 08:14 AM   #9
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
No, only a few packs of senkos and a few other small items are new.
Hey you ain't fooling nobody....except for those 3 boxes at the bottom all that stuff is new and you know it.

John talking about the Lisa.....before Pam fell in love with fishing and after I'd had enough of the roll-eyes from her....one day while she was out (shopping) I took all her different lip sticks, lip liners. lip gloss', foundations, concealers, blushes, eye shadows, eye liners, mascaras, highlighters, scrubs, exfoliatants, cleansers, etc etc etc etc and laid them out on the king size bed.....still had wads and wads of stuff that wouldn't fit..............she never said another word, especially when I threatened to get started on her shoes-pocketbooks-jewelry...........
Old 12-17-12, 09:51 AM   #10
bassboogieman

Dean, I think you need to invest in a tackle bag and some Plano boxes.
Carrying your lures around loose, in the original pack age just isn't space efficient.
Gheeze, I bet you keep the plastic wrap on you rod handles..........
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-12, 02:23 PM   #11
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
You're off to a good start, you have a long way to go though.

You need to get some of those hard baits out the package and start fishing them. I know you're a soft plastics guy but you should get you a casting set up with a cranking rod and concentrate on crankbaits next year. Just a suggestion
I have two casting setups and have tried to force myself to use them, but so far it hasn't happened much. I just don't get much enjoyment from chucking a crankbait and winding it back in over and over. I guess I need to try it more often to get better at knowing what I'm doing to make it more enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Hey you ain't fooling nobody....except for those 3 boxes at the bottom all that stuff is new and you know it.

John talking about the Lisa.....before Pam fell in love with fishing and after I'd had enough of the roll-eyes from her....one day while she was out (shopping) I took all her different lip sticks, lip liners. lip gloss', foundations, concealers, blushes, eye shadows, eye liners, mascaras, highlighters, scrubs, exfoliatants, cleansers, etc etc etc etc and laid them out on the king size bed.....still had wads and wads of stuff that wouldn't fit..............she never said another word, especially when I threatened to get started on her shoes-pocketbooks-jewelry...........
Shhh, that was supposed to be a secret that it's almost all new stuff. No, actually, Kaye is totally supportive of my fishing addiction and she even encourages me to buy stuff because she knows I enjoy it. The fact that she loves to fish and is really start to get into bass fishing (instead of her family-engrained walleye fishing) doesn't hurt either. In fact, I just ordered a new dropshot rod for her last week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Dean, I think you need to invest in a tackle bag and some Plano boxes.
Carrying your lures around loose, in the original pack age just isn't space efficient.
Gheeze, I bet you keep the plastic wrap on you rod handles..........
Ha ha. I already have two hard-sided tackle boxes, one with 3 trays and the other with 4 trays in the bottom compartment, plus a tackle bag that holds 6 trays. All of those are full of already opened stuff, so the non-opened stuff in the picture is just stored in a box just in case I "need" something else on a given day. Note that I fit 40-some of those crankbaits from you into one tray in the lower LH corner. I gave the rest to a gift giveaway for some underprivileged kids in our town.
Old 12-20-12, 12:57 PM   #12
3dkicker

Ok so those are all of your "just in case" baits???......Yep you have a problem.....and we're all here to help you out....Welcome to the club!!!!
Old 12-20-12, 02:03 PM   #13
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Ok so those are all of your "just in case" baits???......Yep you have a problem.....and we're all here to help you out....Welcome to the club!!!!
Yep, I most definitely have a problem, but what I meant to say was the unopened hard baits are the "just in case" ones. Just in case of what, well, I'm not exactly sure. Between me, my wife, and all of our guests, I have no doubt we'll torch through over 1/2 of the pictured plastics next season. Almost all the hard baits in the lower part of the picture have been opened/used. I don't know why I store most of them in their original cases, I just do.
Old 12-21-12, 10:36 AM   #14
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've yet to bring all my stuff in from the boat/garage. Looking forward to the winter organization and rod/reel cleaning.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.