Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-06, 07:31 PM   #1
striker23
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to striker23
Default great things about fishing

hey i thought it might be cool if we all made a list of things we love about fishing. really one of the most wonderful things whether you do it for fun, competetively or just as an activity. so lets get some ideas on here! ill start it:

- fishing is great because it lets you get everything off your mind and have some peaceful time out on the water.
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-06, 08:07 PM   #2
Bassgrl81

Send a message via AIM to Bassgrl81 Send a message via Yahoo to Bassgrl81

When you take someone out who has never gone before...you can guarantee they will become "hooked" when they get their first catch!

Trista
Old 02-18-06, 08:11 PM   #3
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

Its fun and you get a real rush when you catch one.
Old 02-18-06, 09:13 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I am always facinated with what mother nature brings us while on the water, weather its the bird life around the lake, or just watching the seasons change as you fish and adapt to it.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-06, 10:03 PM   #5
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

here's a little something i found years ago..
FISHERMAN FOR LIFE

I am a fisherman for life.
I will always be a fisherman.
It's not something i do,
it is who I am.
Fishing is not an escape.
It is where I belong,
where i am supposed to be.
It is not a place,
but a lifelong journey.
It is a passage my father showed me,
and that I will show others.
When you understand all of this,
you will know me,and we will fish together.

(Author Unknown)

it just clicked when i read it the 1st time so many years ago.
Old 02-18-06, 10:34 PM   #6
WTL

You never know whats under the water. On any cast you could pull in a personal best, even a state or world record.

It allows you to contemplate God's nature in a way that no other activity can.

Human beings are naturally attracted to water. Survival depends on water.

It hearkens back to the days when Man had to hunt and gather his food.

Its an ongoing challenge for the thinking man. The skills required are so variable, and there is never any way you can beat the game.
Old 02-18-06, 10:34 PM   #7
crankybait

eh even if you dont catch anything, you get away from the crowds and annoyances of everyday life, and hey, its fun just randomly throwing out lures and admiring them. i even have my own secret spot, complete with sitting area, shade, and nature
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-06, 11:05 AM   #8
striker23

Send a message via AIM to striker23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
I am always facinated with what mother nature brings us while on the water, weather its the bird life around the lake, or just watching the seasons change as you fish and adapt to it.
yeah thats very true, its great to just be on the water. not many other things you can admire nature and all the wildlife you can in fishing.
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-06, 01:12 PM   #9
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

Its a good feeling to know that you knew what lure to use, where to put it, and how to fish it and it makes you feel good that you outsmarted the fish into biting your lure.
Old 02-19-06, 10:15 PM   #10
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom
here's a little something i found years ago..
FISHERMAN FOR LIFE

I am a fisherman for life.
I will always be a fisherman.
It's not something i do,
it is who I am.
Fishing is not an escape.
It is where I belong,
where i am supposed to be.
It is not a place,
but a lifelong journey.
It is a passage my father showed me,
and that I will show others.
When you understand all of this,
you will know me,and we will fish together.

(Author Unknown)

it just clicked when i read it the 1st time so many years ago.
Tom that's it man, you have THE answer

Lizards
Old 02-19-06, 10:35 PM   #11
InEccess

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess

The way it smells at dusk. Sweating your butt off while the sun's up, and as soon as it dissapears and the heat dies down, watching the lake come to life. That's what brings me back day after day to the small community lakes. Even if just for an hour.
Old 02-20-06, 06:14 AM   #12
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

I couldn't imagine doing anything else!!

San

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-06, 10:46 PM   #13
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

fishing for me is the way i rejuvinate my soul....it's the quiet,the excitement,the way the sky looks when the sun goes down and glistens on the water....or coming up it's silent forthcoming power in the mist on the water....it's the thrill of not knowing how big the fish really is until you get it on the boat....it's seeing that big bass doin the dance on the way to the boat....then to top it all off ....it's the kiss i give the precious little life form and put it back in the water to catch another day.....god i love fishing....i need it to breathe....
Old 02-20-06, 11:27 PM   #14
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Here Here, nothing more be said, everyone above has touched on the simplicity and benefits of being in tune with Mother Nature, I could elaborate, but why, I am very happy to see that many others feel the way I do. Thank You for the post.
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-06, 11:56 PM   #15
scrap

for me, i am still learning about the bass, and a bona fide member of the bait monkey school. the learning process is learning how to use jigs, spinnerbaits, frogs, salamanders, etc., and learning where the fish are in the river or lake.
and lastly, finding those who share my interest in fishing and just chatting away about ideas, tips, experiences on the water and the big one that away.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-06, 12:14 AM   #16
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

i must add though....it's also nice to have a fishing buddy that see's things the way you do...but thru different eyes....
Old 02-21-06, 09:33 PM   #17
Fish2win

Let me share a little something that i wrote in my weekly column several months ago. It is about the special side of fishing. Relationships , nature, god and life. Enjoy.

The average angler spends many days per year on the water. Some of those days are good and others not so good. The good days always seem to overshadow the bad in our memory. Every once in a while a really magical day comes along that seems to make the bad days a very distant memory. These are the days that we leave the water feeling like Kevin Van Dam, Denny Bauer and Bill Dance all rolled into one. For even the most dedicated and experienced angler these days only come two or three times per year. Thinking back over the years gone by,.many such days stand out in my memory as clear as if they were just yesterday. Strangely the biggest majority of these days have been in the fall.
Last week I received a call from a fishing buddy that for what ever reason I have not spent as much time with as I used to. He was asking for a fishing report and in doing so we made plans to do a little line wetting. We met at the ramp before daylight and watched as the day came alive before we headed out across Norris. The day was gray overcast with a hint of rain. A slight east wind was blowing in some of the first wisps of cool weather and all the wildlife was active and moving . What a perfect day God had provided for two old friends to spend in the pursuit of fishing.
It did not take long for us to realize that this was going to be one of those special days. The first creek that we pulled into instantly yielded several good largemouth. The fish were shallow as they often are in October and very active. We were casting Zara Spooks to limestone rock and catching bass that acted like they may never get another chance feed. How can it get any better, Top water fishing at its finest.
Experience has taught us several things about the fickle bass at Norris. One is that the clear water rarely gives you a second chance on a shallow spot and also that when you have a aggressive bite it can usually be duplicated if you know the lake. We began to run and gun similar areas and continued to catch bass at a dream like pace as the morning wore on.
Later that day as we loaded up the boat we both remarked about how few special days you get like this in a years time. We had long before lost count on how many bass we had caught and released or even who caught the most. I read some where that the good Lord does not count days spent on the water in the number of days you are allotted, but I also think that every once in a while he blesses you with one of these very special days.
Old 02-21-06, 10:29 PM   #18
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

The River:

The place where I can get away from everything. The place where I can turn on the country music as loud as I want without anyone caring. The place where I can drown my sorrows in a bottle and then put a hook on it and go jug fishing. I can do whatever I want, from shootin guns to just hangin out on the river and party and go swimming with my buds. I can look back on the rest of my life and remember all the good times I had with my family. Where i can just be myself without someone getting in my face and telling me to take my shirt off because it offends them to show the colors of my heritage. Where I dont have to act a certain way or follow any rules. Im free, and I dont give a sh!t what anybody thinks of that. The place where I can take my angers out on the fish and snatch the living hell out of it when I set the hook. And if I could, I would do it everyday... When people aske me "Dont you get tired of it," I just ask them whats there to be tired of, its the closest thing to heaven.........

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.