Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-06, 10:29 AM   #1
BulBob
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Invention Rating Wanted

I do not listen very well and things take a while to sink in but I have been told by 8 people now that I have a special invention.

There is an invention trade show in Pittsburg June 7th thru 10th with a booth running @ $1,595.
Here's a link to some of the competitors. www.inventionshow.com/02_news/
Here is mine www.bulletbobber.com

Would it make a big splash or drown at an Invention Trade Show?
Old 04-16-06, 12:10 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

We have about broken even with my wifes business on the internet, and those trade shows yeild little in profits, but it does get your name out there, we've made a couple of contacts that order everynow and then.
Most people that I know that sell products always ask us "why not try on EBAY?" thats how they all ended up selling, plus no trade shows fees or time involved sitting there seems like forever.
Have you tried the ebay method yet? its cheap and millions view it.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 02:44 PM   #3
BulBob
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Ebay

I tried it twice - my bobber / planer board just didn't have exposure in places it was listed. It seems like if you have something different you can not find the right search words to help. Also seems like folks are looking for specific known products and are not searching for new things.
Old 04-16-06, 02:58 PM   #4
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I think you will drown. $1,595.00 is alot of money for a person starting out . The reason is you will have to sell 532 of the 3" bobbers to get the $1595.00 back for the booth before you even start to show a profit, and if you take the time and materials to build the 532 bobbers needed to pay the booth, your in the hole with very little chance to climb out on top.I can be honest because I don't know you , so if I hurt your feelings, its not like I have lost anything.You have got to learn to walk before you can run, I would suggest you find another way to advertise. Maybe hold a fishing derby on your home lake, promoting your product to people who use them, not to the general public who will not see a need for them. Know your customer.I do not see a need for them on a bass fishing site, but what do I know.Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I did it to help you,not to be a jerk. I hope you prove me wrong and become very successful. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 03:30 PM   #5
BulBob
BassFishin.Com Member

Your right about the money but it takes money to make money - how well I spend the little I have detemines how quick I get the to its potential market share. The booth room and vacation time is definately costly. I'm not worried about profitting yet just planting seeds. Everything goes back into the bussiness until I can retire from the day job.

If I sell to one fishermen and they tell 2 folks and they tell 2 folks.... I'll have made it.

I'm still split on doing the show. I need to decide today.
Old 04-16-06, 07:01 PM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It also kinda depends on
are you working now and can afford the ups and downs of demand,
or are all the marbles riding on making this work?
Just an idea, but it may be worth your while to hit as many big lake marinas and tackle shops, offer them a buck profit for the products sale and up your price to cover thier cut...this will get exposure, plus all you do is leave some product with each tackleshop/marina, and see what sales dictate...
How many bobbers do you have made and is supply limited?....beefing up your stock may be a better way to market than spend it all on a booth at a tradeshow...then put your product out there where a market would probably be, in other words where fishermen go to buy tackle, or get some guides on the lakes or known fishermen to endorse your item, see what improvements they might offer in selling the item.
Consign them to venders, people in flea markets , tackleshops, get some exposure.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-06, 07:34 PM   #7
BulBob
BassFishin.Com Member

Default I have a day

If I didn't have the day job we would not be having this converstion. I put in everything cent I can.

My helpers want to take off on me! They want take long road trips and see if they can sell some. I told them will have too so they will have money for gas, food and to not have to sleep in the car.

I might get them On Star for their trip so they can plug in the addresses to find the next shop etc... Ain't Technology GREAT.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.