Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-06, 05:38 PM   #1
TennesseeBassGuides
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Percy Priest,Tims Ford and River Musky

Percy Priest 5-27-2006
I fished this week with Mr. Mark Goodman and his son Seth in search of some post spawn fish for a few hours. The wind was next to nothing and the water temp had risen to the upper 70's it seems like overnight. Never the less we didn't let that stop us. We tried top water early with little success then switched to Carolina rigs and spot sticker jigs off of points. For all our efforts we managed 7 fish. Right before we left Seth hung a good one and lost it at the boat. I had a great time with Mark and Seth and look forward to our next trip in October. Shay Doming www.tennesseebassguides.com
Tim's Ford 5-30-2006
For anyone that fish's Tim's Ford during the summer months know that daytime + clear water + blue skies + no (zero) wind + 80 degree water temperature can make for a tough day, and that was exactly what Mr. Jim Harwell and I ran into today. Jim is holding our largest of 7 that we caught and released today. The top water early morning bite that I was expecting just didn't materialize today and the areas where I have been finding an abundance of shad had few if any. There was a brief (30 minutes) of visual scattered activity otherwise just slick water. But being the trooper that Jim is we lowered our heads and forged onward and was able to lift a few over the rails before we loaded the boat and headed out at 12:45pm. we caught fish today on three different baits. A deep diving crank bait and a Prowler Soft Shad and Prowler June Bug Finesse worm dipped in JJ's Magic. We never caught more than one fish in area and there wasn't a particular pattern for the one's we caught other than they were holding well off the banks. Jim and have already set another date to do it again in November...........Maybe it won't be 93 degrees by 11:30am then. Jim I enjoyed spending the day with you. Rick McFerrin www.tennesseebassguides.com
River Musky 5-27-2006
Today I hooked up with Tom Kelly and we were soon off to the Great Falls Lake area for some post spawn Musky action. We had planned on being on the water by 5:30am but we had a flat on the boat trailer that put us behind. With the late start I thought it would be better to fish the Caney Fork for the morning considering how hot the day was going to be and then head down into some creek areas later on. On our first stop and my first cast I had a nice 40 inch fish follow my crank bait right back to the boat but would not commit. Within the next three hours we managed one more follow and one more missed fish. Then we headed up into some creeks where I hoped the water temperature might be a little cooler. As we were working the banks (and on our sunburns) a good sized fish swirled in the middle of the creek. Four cats later To had a fat 44 Inch Musky slam his SS Shad and thew fight was on. I netted the fish as it made it's first pass and the high 5's ensued!!!!! It's early morning, late evening and cloudy weather Musky action time as the summer rolls on. Nothing like Southern Style Musky Action!!!!
TennesseeBassGuides is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.