Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-06, 12:41 PM   #1
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Yupsters

Went out fishing at World Golf Village yesterday around 7:30 at night. My dad was using a Yo-zuri and I had a silver minnow. First cast, I get nailed by a nice 3 pounder. My dad loses a four at the bank. Nothing for abot ten minutes, and we see something huge explode on a pod of bait. GEt ready to cast, and a group of three Young Urban Professionals out for a stroll informs us that they have called security, and if we aren't gone in five minutes or so we're arrested. I was all for punching the one talking right in his prettyboy face, but instead we just left. It's too bad, because there's probably a beast swimming in there... Oh well....
Old 07-04-06, 12:47 PM   #2
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well I guess if it's a private place its their right. It aint cool, and its the type of thing stuck up people get their kicks from, but still if the the world golf village is a private club or property I suppose they pay good money to hang out with their stuckup friends without being bothered by bassfishermen minding their own business.
Old 07-04-06, 12:52 PM   #3
flbassman

No, It ain't private. Here's the website, check out some of these ponds though.. www.wgv.com
Old 07-04-06, 01:02 PM   #4
WTL

That doesnt tell me anything about who runs the place. Do you have to pay to play golf, or is it owned by the government and maintained for free public use? From that it looks like they would reserve the right to tell yall to take a hike, and while its not courteous in any way it would still be their call.
Old 07-04-06, 01:05 PM   #5
flbassman

You have to pay to play,but anybody can come in and hang out. Last night was some big fireworks thing that we payed to attend and decided to fish before they started. You're right though, I guess, they did have the right to kick us out as much as it burned me up...
Old 07-04-06, 01:10 PM   #6
WTL

Well there is a liability issue there too. I don't know if these were waterhazards, but if one of you were hit in the head by a golfball yall could sue. It has happened before.

Again, it aint what I'd call cool, but I understand why they did it. And us bassfishermen will have to get more and more used to it. With the increase in pressure on our lakes, I see in the future a proliferation of private pay-to-fish reservoirs that are managed for good bass fishing to the exclsuion of other hobbyists..birdwatchers, waterskiers, kayakers, and the like. What happens when you go to one of these lakes and see a waterskier out there on the lake you paid good money to fish? Same principle. You call security.
Old 07-04-06, 01:17 PM   #7
JB

public or private, a landowner has the right to post no trespassing signs on HIS land, however it is sour grapes that somebody that is bitter at the world has to narc out fishermen, esp. those that catch and release and don't litter
it about always boils down to liability and enviromental issues on why people forbid fishermen to be on their land
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-06, 08:48 PM   #8
lizardsrule

Lots of other waters with Bigguns in them down here. Just move on and remember how the guy came across, and hope you never act the same way down the road. I understand the private issue, and respect it. However some folks are just plain @$$holes.

Lizards
Old 07-07-06, 11:06 PM   #9
flfireman

Well since this was brought up. Supposedly the wonderful city of Palm Bay, FL is trying to annex the property the stick marsh rests on. They feel they could turn it into a for profit public fishing spot. I live in this city and they F up everything. God help us if this happens.
Old 07-08-06, 01:45 AM   #10
LoneStarAngler07
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to LoneStarAngler07

gah whats this world coming to! all a man wants to do is fish!!!!!
Old 07-08-06, 05:32 AM   #11
1/4 stick

I avoid the ponds on golf courses myself. I've been invited to fish them before, and tried them. The getting hit in the head is a real danger. Especialy if the pond is near the last few holes on the course. The golfers have had pleanty-o-beer by then, and lots of sun. They seem to think the pond is the hole, or just thought they'd have some fun by playing "bean the fisherman" either way, I was asked to leave. They for some reason were offended by the manner in which I returned their balls to them.
note:I in no way mean to discourage the use of beer. Infact, I incourage it.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-06, 02:30 PM   #12
WTL

I concur. Beer is both nutritious and delicious.
Old 07-08-06, 06:53 PM   #13
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
I concur. Beer is both nutritious and delicious.
It prevents prostrate cancer also.....I'm coverd in that dept.
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.