Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-05, 10:23 PM   #1
LilDreamer
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LilDreamer
Default This Weekend My First Jig Bass

Got out on the lake here at the house this weekend and caught a few Bass. Saturday first one was on a 3/8oz chart BPS buzzbait it was a dink lost another on the same buzzbait looked to be about 2 lbs.The other 2 were on a older Bandit 200 seris crankbait crawfish pattern (WHEN THEY STILL HAD GOOD HOOKS)one was 2lbs even and the other 2lbs 1.6oz lost another that looked to be about 3lbs was hook in the side of the face and thru the crankbait. Today i went back out and worked on a goal to catch a bass on a jig was using i think a Stanley jig no rattle brown with red tips and a black Zoom super chunk hooked into my first bass on a jig and after jumping out of the water it came off looked to be about 2 lbs thru back into the same spot and bam my line started to swim off i took up the slack and crossed its eyes this one was not getting off it was 1lb 11.2 ozs,kept on fishing and a little while later bam same thing line started to swim off crossed this ones eyes also after jumping outta the water 3 or 4 times i landed the fish it was 2lbs 6.4 ozs,fished for a few more hrs and only caught one more fish it was a dink not sure how it got the trailer and most of the jig into it mouth. I think a Jig has found a new place on one of my rods. Now if only i could catch a fish on a senko or senko type bait!!! I still dont have a digital camera working on getting one of those here soon so i can show pics.This was the best weekend ive had so far this year hope it a sing of whats to come!
Ken
Forgot to add i was use Bang Crawfish scent in the pump spray bottle on the jig.

LilDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 10:24 PM   #2
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Re: This Weekend My First Jig Bass

the first time i remeber using one and probley the last was a pond i sank it and didnt even feel the bass on till i sal it by the dock.
Old 06-06-05, 07:21 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

PNJ should be in everyones tacklebox. They aren't always the best bait, but many times they are. And I am a firm believer that the average size bass caught on a PNJ is a tad bigger than normal. Congrats on the fish on the PNJ. 8)

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 10:39 AM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Jigs for me tend to produce a consistant 2 or 3 bass every time I'm out, but I rarely score big numbers on them. I'm still learning a bit though.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 12:46 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

damn lizards.....you know that there is no word ''best'' in bass fishing, you just went over this. yup, jigs produce good for me. i have just recently got into them tho....but they have already produced numbers for me.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 01:04 PM   #6
redneck13
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to redneck13

I don't use a jig as often as I used to,but when I do catch a bass on a jig-n-trailer they tended to be bigger fish (3 lbs. and up).
redneck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 03:57 PM   #7
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

LaBass_Man,

Make sure that the zook man reads what you wrote.
He's not exactly loading the boat on a jig.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 07:55 PM   #8
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

LA Bass, Make sure you have a hook file to keep those jig hooks sharp.Stanley makes a good jig, they are getting difficult to find anyone who carries them anymore. Your on your way to be the next Bud Pruitt, Robert Lee, or the Original flipper Dee Thomas. ;D ;D ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 08:39 PM   #9
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=pig_n_jig link=board=MessBoards;num=1118020985;start=0#7 date=06/06/05 at 18:55:20]Stanley makes a good jig, they are getting difficult to find anyone who carries them anymore. [/quote]

What color and sizes do you want they are everywhere around here
??? I'll pick some up, just send me a PM, I don't normally buy them anymore.

02 you are correct bad terminolgy on that one, you got me :-[

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 08:59 PM   #10
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i was just pickin ;D im sure you didnt mean....''best''
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 09:11 PM   #11
LilDreamer
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to LilDreamer

Thanks yall!! Stanley jigs are also everywhere around here. Whats a good length and action rod to use for other that flippin and pitchin a jig?
Ken
LilDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 10:59 PM   #12
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

LA, I used a 6'6 MH rod for a few years when I first started jig fishing, even use it for deep water jigging yet. That or a 7'0 MH rod should work fine. I never use mono line under 15 lb test. I use 15-30 lb mono or 30lb Tuf-Line Braid depending on the season, and cover I am fishing. P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.