Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-05, 07:43 PM   #1
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gallenl
Default getting skunked

Been having a rough start this year.I'm not sure if it is the fact that i'm off my "game",or if fishing this last couple of weeks has "sucked". any sure fire pointers?

flippin4it

P.s. I don't want to here a word about lizards!!!
LOL
gallenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 07:56 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: getting skunked

theres never anything sure fire. just keep tryin, the bite may just be slow. i read a great article in this months bassmaster mag about fishin in post spawn/cold front. pick up a copy, it tells what to try when the bite is slow. theres also another article in there titled ''when bass wont bite'' read that to.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 09:08 PM   #3
mike0062466
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike0062466

Just fish your way through it. Persistence will pay off. Do the fishing equivalent of a baseball player's slump. They are supposed to just try and make contact with the ball, not to swing for the fences. So try to hit singles and the extra-base hits will come.

Good luck.
mike0062466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-05, 09:14 PM   #4
ryan7261
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ryan7261

Got an Idea, altough it may not work!

Draw a big circle on the ground about 12 inches big, then take your tackle box open it wide open throw it up in the air and what ever lands in the circle only use that bait till you get a fish. then you will learn that evry piece is important in there to catch fish!

Try mixing things up a bit go to a new area, try a new bait, try live bait. Listen to people about where the bite is on. It's all in the research this is what most people forget to do. Study your ara get familiar with your area. get an under water map of your area (good investment) find breaks, weed beds, drop offs ect... if you find this hard ask the Pro guys in your area or the semi pro guys. Information is the key to catching fish. That's why you came to the forum right?

Â*Robby.
ryan7261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 08:12 AM   #5
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=flippin4it link=board=MessBoards;num=1117406594;start=0#0 date=05/29/05 at 18:43:14] Been having a rough start this year.I'm not sure if it is the fact that i'm off my "game",or if fishing this last couple of weeks has "sucked". any sure fire pointers?

flippin4it

P.s. I don't want to here a word about lizards!!!
LOL[/quote]

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Well I will post the whole fishing experience this week on another post, but to be honest, the fish are probably very tight to cover. So pitching and flipping would probaly work as good as anything else if you're in a boat. Ohterwise I've found the fish deeper than usual right now also, so a C-rig and CRAWFISH baits have been the ticket for me. I really like the Netbait "Baby Paca Craw" lately.

How do I sign my name without that word

;D
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 10:01 AM   #6
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

LOL, your still a funny man. Even without your name. I'll try to sneak in some fishing today and keep you guy's posted.

flippin4it
Old 05-30-05, 10:34 AM   #7
mallard
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mallard

I'm in your boat flippin- I'm still looking for my first fish this year!

Just keep trying what you are most comfortable with. I'm not sure about you, but after a long season, I'm a little out of touch, that is, my casting isn't very good, my feel isn't good, etc.

Even if you are out there and not catching anything, at least you can work on getting back in touch with these basic skills, and target some of your best areas. Hopefully you can get some good strikes soon!

Good fishing!
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 06:34 PM   #8
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Well, I have caught a few small ones this year.But non worth talkin' about. By this time last year I had a least 10 that would aleast yalk about. Very frastrating.

flippin4it
Old 05-30-05, 06:59 PM   #9
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

Flipin, I guess I know what you mean. I think the best way to get around it is not a bait or presentation - it is being a stubborn jackass and staying on the water for every second of time you have - increase your time fishing and by the nature of the odds you will get back into a groove. This year I have been headed to skunkville several times, and I just willed myself into fish by staying out there.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-05, 07:57 PM   #10
profishermenkid16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to profishermenkid16

It is tough here with the storms coming through the area this weekend. My freind and I went fishing today. We didn't stay as long as we liked because lightning bolts were booming as the storm came up the lake. We managed to trailer the boat before it got to us, but we fished for three hours, and I only caught 1 smallmouth and 1 largemouth. We should be tearing them up as they are in a prespawn stage right now moving up to spawn.Yesterday we only caught 13 fish between the 2 of us.So yes I say fishing sucked this weekend here too. ;D P N J
profishermenkid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 08:23 AM   #11
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Well , I'm headed to the Dallas/FW area to see some family Thurs-Sun. I'm going to see if any of my cousins have a rod and reel i can borrow. Maybe I can catch me a Texas lunker.

flippin4it
Old 05-31-05, 09:35 AM   #12
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

FLIPPIN/ARCHER,

Â* Â* The secret is WACKY WORMS! Fish them very slow and fish close to brush. I think you will see your averages pick up. Fish the worms on a #1 mosquito hook (Owner) and do not set the hook, just start reeling when the fish picks up the bait. If you set the hook like with a normal hook, you will jerk the mosquito hook out of the fish's mouth.
Â* Â* I had to learn this lesson the hard way. I fished my normal T-rigged worms and a buddy spanked my butt badly with wacky worms. Like a ratio of 5 to 1!!!

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-05, 09:26 PM   #13
gallenl
BassFishin.Com Member

Well, I fish the wacky rig more than most people.But the problem is the size of the fish this year are not up to par,like last year.

flippin4it

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.