Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-06, 04:19 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thumbs up Good morning on the water

Well, Flyrod and I met about 5:45 this morning and headed for Canyon Lake, just north of San Antonio. We launched about 6:30 and barely fired up the big engine before we dropped the trolling motor. The fish were jumping at the ramp so we started throwing topwaters-I missed 2 on a Spook ant Flyrod missed one on a buzzbait until the topwater bite turned off. I started throwing a Yum craw and a crankbait and Flyrod rigged up a 4-inch Tiki Stick rigged wacky. He immediately put one in the boat,so I switched, too. The wind wasn't too bad so we worked the south bank near the ramp out to the first main lake point. We tried different baits-Flyrod got one on a Zoom watermelon/blue flake but the rest came on the wacky rigged Tiki. From the ramp to the point I got 14 and Flyrod got 8-most were dinks but there were a couple keepers, mostly largemough with a few smallies thrown in. We were just getting ready to run around the point to another spot when about 11:30 there was a loud BOOM of thunder so we high-tailed it out of there. Turns out that was the ONLY clap of thunder we heard, and after we had the boat out of the water the sun came out. Still, beter safe than sorry. Not a bad way to spend the morning!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.