Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-06, 06:43 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Advice vs Experience vs Knowledge

As usual, just browsing the posts, and once again I find myself amazed Could anyone tell me a logical reason, why the guys who have no experience per se, and are usually always asking for help trying to catch bass, are the same ones always responding with advice I mean I saw three posts today, that were from newbies, who have said they are just starting out bassing or only caught a couple of fish. Yet they're typing like crazy with responses to folks questions, with the best bait to use etc... I have learned a lot from this site, however "on the water time" is a much better teacher after learning a few tips here. Has anyone else ever noticed a question gets asked by a newbie, and it gets responses from a bunch of newbies, and the more experienced fellows just don't bother to reply If you are giving advice to someone about fishing. Do us all a favor. Ask yourself if you really know, or just want to post Fishing is about as opinionated sport there is. So much of what you hear is "OPINIONS ONLY" not facts. So go out fishing, and develop your own opinions I don't want to discourage folks to ask questions, or even to repsond with "THEIR" opinion. But to tell someone this is the best bait, or best line or best rod is just stupid. No such thing, different tools, and different fishing levels of experiece or uses, determine more than a particular brand. Sure I have my preferences, and I even tease and joke about it(right PNJ, everybody knows you'll spend way over retail for those Shimano's because you love them so much) By the way, newbie is a generalized term I use. Newbie to me means little experience in bassing. Not just new to the site.

OK Tom, you can have the box back now.

Lizards

Last edited by lizardsrule; 07-21-06 at 09:05 PM.
lizardsrule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.