Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-06, 10:06 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Senko style baits

Everyone is familiar with the Senko style baits made by Gary Yamamoto. I have yet to try this type of lure but I am planning to due to they're popularity. They don't look like much but they seem to produce. So I have a few questions. There are many manufacturers of this type of bait now. Which brand do you prefer? Favorite size and color and so on. Seems like watermellon and pumpkinseed colors are the rage now but I have yet to catch a single bass on any plastic bait in that color range. What is your prefered rigging method? A friend of mine just uses an aberdene hook weightless and lets it sit on the bottom and twitches it once in a while. Is it that easy? And lastly, your prefered tackle. I am assuming a spinning outfit with 10 pound test or so would work well. Thanks for any suggestions you might have for me.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.