Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-07, 02:49 PM   #1
underfrog
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Rookie needs some advice Update

Wow, this forum and the information has really helped. I invested some more money and time and learned a lot along with picking up some good pond lures. My best success has been on a jig n pig. My only trouble is setting the hook. I went out a couple days ago, brought in three in the 1-2lb range but missed 7, 2 strikes from under water and 5 that spit on the jump. I found a great area with some down trees and got a lot of casts in before I finally got snagged. My first throw landed what I thought was gonna be a huge bass but ended up being an 8lb catfish! Once I lost the lure, I was almost done but fished a short and fat deep diver crank bait that moves really iratically on the walk back to the shore. Just reeling it it feels like I have a fish one it. Anyway, I nailed my first lunker! Unfortunately no one was there to see it It jumped twice and fought hard, I could have fit a tennis ball in it's large mouth. It measured just under 21" from lip to tail tip and I estimate it weighed between 6 and 7lbs. What a fun catch, I'm going back out tomorrow and invested in a nice digital scale and a cheap digi camera to get pics!

-- underfrog dan
underfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.