Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-07, 06:47 PM   #1
Kawabuggy
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Bites On Senkos, Carolina Rigs, & Other Finesse

I hear people mention that when you get bit on weightless rigs, that the bite is more of a "spongy" feeling... I have only recently tried Senko fishing and have had some success with them Texas Rigged with the bullet weight.

I have yet to get a bite when rigged weightless. I hear people mention that if the line feels spongy, or heavy, that this might be a fish on. In my limited experience, I have noted a feeling almost like I am hung up. Thinking it might be a fish, I have waited patiently for the line to move, or twitch, which has not happened yet.

Is that all I should be watching for? I have been very patient working the bait while I reel in very slowly and when I feel the bait make contact I immediately stop and watch my line.. But no luck with the line moving or anything else that hint at a fish biting.

Besides the obvious of not getting bit, what am I doing wrong?
Kawabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.