Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-07, 06:18 AM   #1
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Exclamation New Product Finally Found!

In an earlier post I mentioned that I was eager to try the new Stren Microfuse Fluorescent Blue braid. Currently, this is the only braid that fluoresces like many monos under both daylight and under UV lights when night fishing.
Well, I had called PureFishing (the folks who market Stren) and found I could order some therefrom...IF I wanted to pay 36.99 + shipping for a 300 yd spool...without ever seeing or fondling the product before purchase.
I had also inquired of our local BPS, Sportsman's W'house, and Academommy and the response was the same at each..."Huh? Wot? Nope. Never heard of it."
I DID find it on Cabela's website but didn't want to burn the petrol to drive to Buda (too near Austink and TeeYoo anyway) in order to see it before buying.
Well, as luck would have it, when I moseyed into BPS y'day there it was! They had gotten some in only a few days before. They were already sold out of the #30 test, but I did buy the #20...32.99+TTL as opposed to 36.99+S&H, BTW.
A real-conditions field (water) test will occur this Sat but so far I can tell you this; It certainly DOES fluoresce under daylight. That's good...very good.
Also, it seems a bit stiff, kinda like Berkley Fireline or SpiderWire, but I expect it to loosen up with use.
This #20 stuff will be used as follows...all with a pure fluoro leader, BTW (P-Line CFX); On a Chronarch50MG/Team AllStar 785C for small softies, primarily 1/16 weighted 4-5" worms and maybe 1/8-3/16 oz. jigs; On another " 'Narch50MG "/Falcon Lowrider 5-167 for weightless worm and 4" TikiStiks and Senkos.; On a 3000-size Quantum Ti-Mag Spin Reel/7' Med/Fast rod for 5" Tiki/Senkos.
When I acquire some #30 the first rig to receive it will be a Diawa Viento/Avid AC66MHF, with leader, for my worm work in the 1/8 oz. and up range. It will also find a home on my C-rig and Flipping rig.
I will continue to use P-Line Spectrex or TUF (minus leader) for spinnerbaits, toads, frawgs, and buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbaits since visibility is not an issue in those applications.
So, stick around, guys, and I will give you updates as I put this stuff to the test. Hopefully, I'll be able to give a glowing (Get it? Fluorescent blue? Glowing?) report on a line that ought to greatly enhance bite detection, day or night. In the meantime, don't dash out an spend large bux on it.

FR
Director, Research and Development Branch

Last edited by FlyRod; 08-21-07 at 06:26 PM.
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.