Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-07, 01:26 PM   #1
stylgeo
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Fish making a fool out of me!

It all started when i decided to try my luck on a small pond a mile from my home! It's a 2 minute drive from where I live, and it's actually very small, you can walk around it in less than 10 minutes and in some places you can cast your bait on the opposite shore.

I haven't fished there for a looong time for 2 reasons. One, the last time I went there, a couple of years ago I caught absolutelly nothing (I was fishing for carp) and the second reason, that time I was arrested by the police for tresspassing because it is a private area :P. Anyway, I had nothing to do, the sun was going to set in an hour so I went there to try my luck. There were some fishermen there, there weren't any "no tresspassing" signs so I was covered, I would just say that I wasn't aware it was a private lake.

To my point now. The bass were jumping all over the lake. And some really big bass were spotted there. And I tried lots of different bait but nothing hit anything that I presented them. I tried a pop-r, some crankbait, some jerkbait, I even tried some swimbait that i had bought the previous day but nothing hit it. On a couple of occations, the bass broke the surface 2 feet from my bait. I kept throwing on the same spot, and really big bass were constantly jumping out of the water there but were completelly ignoring my bait.

What should I do? How many tries should I have with a certain bait before I consider it a failure for that day and change it? Should I try some really big bait I have? I have some 6inch crankbaits that I thought were too big for bass. Should I try them too? Trying any bait that fishes in the bottom would be a disaster because I would loose it on the first cast, since the pond is full of underwater structure like trees and branches, not to mention lots of stolen vehicles that were dumped in there!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.