Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-08, 11:27 AM   #1
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady
Default Size does matter..

....now that i have your attention....hehehehehe....

betursweetbass and I went fishing yesterday...it was a very big disappointment on some levels....as for instance...
they had let the water level on the lake down to do some repairs and maintenance on the docks and fishing piers so that was sad....but being the hard core fisherpeople we are we still hunted for the hogs....and their are hogs in that lake....anyway....we fished for hours and we were drifting close to shore ...i casted out away from shore into the deeper water about 12 ft...and was wiggling my black floating worm on the bottom...when i thought i noticed a tightness in my line....i paused and then slowly reeled in a bit....yeppers i had a fish on there....whoooohoooo.....i started reeling in and he came toward the top...i was saying ..."don't jump....don't jump".....he slowly rose to the surface long enough for me to see his face.....yep...he was a toad.....i called to bet and said he's a big one.....lip him out for me please!!!!!....well i think he thought it was a small one .....but nope he got a surprise...the fish was about 5 1/2 to 6 pounder...whooohooo for me....oh and after a few more hours fishing bet caught his fish....as you see in the pics it wasn't as big ...but it was a gorgeous fish all the same....all in all it wasn't such a disappointing trip to end this way.....
hope everyone caught a bigun too.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2993.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	1916   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2996.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	1917  

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.