Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-08, 03:43 PM   #1
damian2b
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default 2 Part question concerning PATIENCE!

Good Afternoon All

So on my latest outing I found myself pondering on the length of time I should spend in one area before moving on and trying a new spot. Obviously this is concerning when fish are not being caught. Lets face it...why move on if one particular area is a so called honey hole? So my first question is when either in a boat or working the shoreline for what length of time should i be spending if there appear to be no takers? I know there is a ton of patience that is required with fishing however lets face it folks if you have thrown evrything in your arsenal then perhaps they just arent there!

Second question...how long do you spend throwing anyone particular lure/bait before you switch up to something else? Personally I am a crankbait/jerkbait man first and foremost but have also picked up using soft plastics and jigs recently (in that order). I always start off with my confidence lures but they arent always what the fish want. That being said how long do you spend throwing what you THINK will work first before you switch to something else.

I am trying to become more efficient with my fishing, I actually think that is something that not a lot of people take into account when it comes to fishing unless in a tournament. Anyhow any aid you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.