Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-08, 05:52 PM   #1
GreenF350
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Shallow lake methods...

Hello all, Just registered here. Looks like a GREAT site. I have fished since I was a little kid, and have fished for just about anything I could get to bite at one time or another. I have never really gotten too into the technical aspects, just kept it simple and enjoyed my time on the lake/river. Here is the current question on my mind....

While I have been working on getting my motor running right I have been fishing a small to medium sized that that only has one small hole that is more than 12 ft deep. I am originally from up north so I have been having to learn a few new tricks since I have moved to FL. I know the location of quite a few bass....probably between 8 and 10 ft (Near the top of the weeds growing there, with the bottom being about 12. What is the best way to get these bass? I am used to fishing near the bank around weeds, docks, etc. I am thinking a worm rigged on a jig, or possibly a carolina rig with a sliding weight on a 12" leader. Does this sound like it's the ticket or should I be looking towards something else? Thanks.

-Aaron
GreenF350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.