Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-08, 05:57 PM   #1
Buzz Wing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing
Talking Amazing Day

Let me tell you, we smakced 'em today, guys! We fished for around 4.5 hours and ended up with 25 or more fish, the biggest five going around 6-7 pounds according to my Berkley TEC Scale.

The day started off lousy. First, the wind was pushing 15-20, gusting up to 25 or 30 at times, and pushed us into the weeds numerous times. It didn't help that is was 5:05 AM and still pitch black either. We started fishing the point we hit Sunday, but no fish, (due to lousy boat control I'd say).

Moving on, we crossed about 100 yards from the original point to another, and I proceded to get about five fish on the popper, biggest going 15-16". Working along the point dad was also picking a few up on the 3" "Luminous-White" Senko. We ended up with about 8-10 fish on this point, quit around 7:30-8:00 and moved on to the pads and deeper weeds. Dad also picked up a beautiful smallie, only about 8", but great color. The area was really chunky and sandy, great smallie spwaning are it looked like. Dropped-off hard too. We were 15-18 yards from the bank and sitting in 44', casting into 3-4'.

Got to that pads and immediately started catching fish. Worked along the bacnk in about 1-3' of water, casting to the pads with Wacky-Rigged Nemesis Sticks, (Green Pumpkin), and the 3" Senko, Texs-posed.

Ended the day working the pads, catching two or three more 15-16", biggest going 1-pound 11-ounces.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry for no pics, I've been leaving it in the house lately. Get her when we go tomorrow!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.