Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-08, 04:38 PM   #1
Bmuskin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default How would you fish this

I decided I must do some bass fishing this past Saturday. I went to a conservation state property about 20 miles north of me. It is a 35 acre remote lake. No roads just trails and some grown up craziness. I got there about 6am and hiked in. There are supposed to be nice bass in there. I threw Senkos, Floating worms, Texposed worms, Spinnerbaits, Cranks, Hulapoppers and nothing.
I gave up about 9am and went to another area. 17 acre lake and 2 smaller ponds. The temperature was about 90 at this point and sunny. The lake was clear and low fished it for a few and nothing here either. Just for fun I went to one of the small ponds. It was covered with some type of green seed like material. I discovered that a senko would barely sink so I started fishing and found a brown with silver flake in a 5 inch size that starting producing. I ended up catching 2 in the 15-16 inch range to salvage my day. I missed a few and some got off when they were caught up in salad. A buzzbait got clogged as did a spinner or just about anything else. My scumfrog was also ingnored. Any ideas on how to fish this pond? Curious to hear what anyone else would have tried. I am posting pics from my phone. The first pics are the area where I was skunked & the last pic is from the smaller pond where I caught some at 11 am. Notice the tracks I left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 005.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	2521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 006.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2522   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 008.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	2523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 010.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2524  
Bmuskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.