Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-09, 12:50 AM   #1
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Coons

Are the meanest animals I have ever encountered. Anybody got any good coon stories? Here's mine

Bout a year ago- Out campin with my buddies, sitting around the fire and we hear rustling. So we look around and we see some raccoons, and decide to try and catch one. My buddy made a snare and we propped it up, baited it, watched and waited. Had a nice little one about to get caught, and a big bear coon comes out, fights with it, and gets in the bait, so my buddy that's holdin the rope gives it a yank, and like on a hookset, the line goes tight and moves side to side So were all hollerin and we run down to it, and then were lost. My buddy says "You won't grab that thing", which ended it lol. So I try to get it by the scruff, and it growls and comes at me. At this point, I could have A. Left. B. Threw a towel on it and went from there. C. Hit it with a stick/machete or D. Try to grab it by the tail. All of a sudden, Im hoisting a pissed off 30 pound coon, and my buddies are pissing themselves laughing. Well mr. coon hangs out for a minute or two, then flips up and latches on my thumb. So I yell and throw him into the woods. I get home Sunday, look online a little, and discover the joy of rabies. No symptoms till a week before you die, and once tbd symptoms start, you're toast. So mama takes me to the hospital, and 16 shots and 500 bucks later, that adventure is over.

Last week- Coon got in our hog trap, tore the mess out of it. He was roped, humanely dispatched and skinned. He actually behaved quite nicely, didn't do any more growlin than neccesary.

Today- Coon number two in the trap. Orneriest cuss I've ever seen. Came on the trap and it was curled up, I thought it might be dead, so I gave it a poke, and it woke up fightin This one made an even bigger mess, chewed on the posts, broke the trigger string, etc. We didn't feel like skinnin another one, so we went to turn it loose, and it came at the side of the cage wantin to fight. So we propped the door with a stick, I grabbed my axe handle out of the truck, and we waited on it to get gone. She wanted to stay, so I prodded her a little and she turned around and put tooth marks on my axe handle! We left, and when we came back in a few hours, she was gone......

Anybody else got coon or any other good animal stories? Y'all bunch of rednecks ought to have a few haga

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.