Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-09, 10:33 AM   #1
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My Tourney

So my dad and i went fishin Saturday/yesterday .... it was our first Fishers of Men tournament and our first Team tournament (we always were trying to beat each other) .... we went up there friday for the meeting and one of the guys we knew let us stay with him at his friends cabin ..... we all knew it was going to rain and we werent looking forward to it .... well in the morning it was 44 degrees and was, take a quess, it was raining

so we went out and blasted out with all other 56 boat .... we left 47.... when we got to our spot i was already wet in some places ..... my rainsuit is just too small ... mainly the hood, so the water runs down my back..... but on the third cast my dad nailed a 2 pounder on a jig ..... so we thought we were gonna kill them ..... but 4 hours later with no more bites we were looking at each other thinking "should we leave" ... but we manned up and stayed .... we also had to tie up to some random boat dock and stood under their gazebo for 15 minutes ..... but finally my dad caught another keeper and 10 minutes later i nailed one .....

then we moved across he cut and my dad was like " man their is fish in thier but they aint bass or they are really small" ... he had already caught 2 small fih when we had caught those 2 keepers..... but as he was sayinf this i was retying and he caught one .... it was short..... then i nailed one and it was short but a little bigger .....then next cast i cught a little bigger one, still short.... this happended a couple more times .... then i caught the next couple keepers ..... i caught like 7 fish in 10 minutes.... super fun....

we didnt have nothin weight wise and had culled once so we went somewhere else .... my dad nailed another 2 so we culled .... then he caught another but it didnt help us so we culled it....

we went in happy and we had 8.20 ... so like 8 pounds 3 ounces ..... we think we won the youth adult thing .... we left hoping the rain wouldnt start again .... 16.4 was leading..... after that morning we were happy with what we haad.....

so the weather was a whole different thing.... for the first 4 hours the boat bilged every 5-10 minutes.... but it finally stopped and we started catchin those fish... it then stopped-drizzled for the rest of the day... i was saoking wet at the end of the day..... so if anyone has a good rainsuit and needs to give it away just pm me .....

p.s. my friend who i mentioned about fishing/observing the pros made an account ... he is swimbait kid 15.... ne nice

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.