Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-09, 12:39 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default dumb question

ok i have a question that is probably gonna seem dumb and out of no where.

ok lets say my livewells hold 30 gallons of water. and lets say that water weighs 8lbs a gallon (just for a round figure). that means with my livewells full i have an extra 240 lbs in the boat. but lets say i add 20lbs of fish to the livewell, at first it would seem that i am now carrying 260 lbs. but does the weight of the fish add weight to the boat. i know that things weight less in water but i am not talking about that, lets just say the fish weight the same in the water as out of it because my question is since the fish are suspended in the water and not sitting on the bottom of the livewell am i carrying their weight? i am carrying the weight of the water that they are in but since they aren't touching the boat i don't think i would be carrying their weight, they would raise the water level in the livewell but the extra water would also drain out so anybody have any thoughts?

by the way i was just bored at work the other night and started wondering this out of the blue.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.