Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-09, 04:10 PM   #1
RandyHolt
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Cold Summer Day in Maryland

I have a question about the weather and its effect on largemouths. The temperatures have been in the 80's recently, and fishing for largemouths on a local lake has been great this year - any time of day. The lake has its deep points maybe 100 feet maximum and a bunch of coves pretty much filled up with hyrdilla already. Fallen timber but not a lot of structure otherwise. I went kayaking yesterday, and it was cloudy and cold for early July. I think the high temp was 71°F yesterday with average winds. At night it dipped into the high 50's.

So I was out from 12p-6p and the fish were not biting in our usual spots with our normal gear. It seems to be falling into a pattern. When its unseasonably cold, the bass arent biting or have moved and I cant find them. Maybe its the clouds; I am not sure what is up. I went through all my lures and colors. I figured on a cloudy cool day, the bass would be in more shallow water and more aggressive. I figured wrong. I worked points ledges and structures. Tried to go slow. Worked all my lures and colors.

So I turn to the bass-masses for guidance on what happens to the bass when the weather turns cloudy and cold for a few days in an otherwise warm period. What is the pattern would you think they follow.

Or are there bigger factors in play, like oxygen levels? My beer can clanking off the kayak bottom, or a bright colored shirt?

Thanks all!
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.