Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-09, 01:29 PM   #1
WaffleJaw
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Game plan for a first timer.

so i meet up with a couple friends friday night that i havent seen in months and months
and that number #1 question comes up:
''so what'cha been up too lately?''
I crack that half drunk grin and tell them ''fishing....lots of fishing''

later on, one my buddy tells me he's never even held a fishing pole ,nor has ever been fishing.....and he was interested in trying.

so we just made plans for this saturday morning to hit up my pond....Im thinking for his first time,ill take my two spinning rigs,and we'll just use nightcrawlers and bobbers for the first 2 hour or so ,and load up my livewell with some fat bluegill....just to make sure he catches a ton of fish,and has a good time.....after awhile,i might see how he feels about trying some lures and plastics and slowly introduce him into bass fishing and techniques....since this pond is great for learning just about everything.

thats the plan thus far.....never took anyone ,besides my wife, fishing for the first time,so im pretty excited about it.
(because my wife didnt care for it)

like i said,my main goal is that he has a good time and catches his first fish....i know the bluegills,rockbass,and perch are a sure bet....

how does that sound?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.