Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-09, 06:52 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Cheap way to get on the water!?

What you'll need:

• 4 Pool Floats (the kind you lay on)
  • 4 pool noodles
  • some rope
  • two 1, or 1/2 inch flat things of ply wood (enough to cover the floats)
~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

So here's my idea, tell me what you think!

So you take the floats, and attach them two by two on top of each other, using water proof super glue. once you got them like that, take the ply wood and put one under the floats, and one over them. Take a drill and some screws and drill them together, with the floats between them.

Once you got that, you take the noodles, and cut them into, 8" pieces, and put holes in them, about every two inches. Than take the rope, and but it through the holes, and around the screws, to lace them all together.

And if you don't wanna stand up, than get some kinda lawn chair and put it up top to sit on!

~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

If each float is 5 bucks, than 20 bucks for that. And probably a buck each for the noodles, so that 24 bucks. And than with the ply wood, around 10 buck each I say. So if you all ready have the rope and screws, than that should be only about 44 bucks to get your self on the water!

Now to me, that sounds like it'll be pretty stable, enough to hold one man. To move around, just get some ores, and a low propulsion troll motor.

so wudda you guys think of it?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.