Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-09, 03:23 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default The power of the $$

Several months ago I had broken my carrot sitck and returned it to the small tackle store for a replacement. The rod was one of 3 combos I had bought 90 days earlier.
After several statements from the store saying that it would be in "next week" they had finally called me (2 months later) to say that they were not getting anywhere with their wholeseller and that I needed to come and pick up my rod. They offered me a tube to mail it back to E-21 myself. So what I expected to be a free exchange turned into shipping and $30 additional bucks out of my pocket to get it replaced.I was more than a little angry at this. I had been a customer for a couple of years and bought 90% of my stuff from them.
I had made the decision to not go back to their store for any reason. I had gotten a call from their manager last week asking to confirm my address for their mailing list. I suspect that this had more to do with the fact that I stopped buying anything there.
I had told him not to bother with it since I did not even read their flyers anymore. When he asked why I explained the situation.
Well this morning I got a call asking when I wanted to come pick up my new rod. They have also given me $50 in store credit to make up for the inconvenience. I am still not happy with the overall situation, but at least they are finally trying to get my business back.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.