Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-10, 05:26 PM   #1
toppwatr
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Spro BBZ1 swimbaits. which one????

Ok. so heres the situation. at the lake i fish at i have started using 3.5 inch hollow belly swimbaits. they tend to work fantastically around the pads when i wake them quickly over the surface. one thing i have noticed is that i am not getting as many 3 pound and below sized fish. so far i lost a giant musky to a tailwalk, caught a 4 to 4.5 pound bass, and last night i had a five pounder jump and get off at the boat. the problerm i seem to be having is setting the hook. now im not giving up on this but the fish seem to absolutely LOVE swimbaits, i think its, something they havent seen alot of. anyway i am looking for something to have an easier hookset with and am now turning to hard plastic segmented swimbaits (again, not giving up on the soft ones). Anyway its really hard for me to make a decision between the spro bbz1 baby shad and the bbz1 shad swimbait- 4 inches. this decision is difficult for me to make for several reasons.
1: i think the baby shad may be better because the forage is about 2.5 to 3 inches in length, and the forage is shad and alewives
2: i think the baby shad may be better because they seem to want smaller forage- my friend was in the front throwing a spook and getting two pounders. he threw the spook in the same area as where i missed the five pounder. the fiver took the smaller choice......
3: the four incher will make a bigger wake in the water......
4: the four incher could bring me some big fish.....
i just cant decide. any suggestions??
toppwatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.