Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-10, 03:41 PM   #1
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Good Monkey! New Purchases...

I was looking through my baits this weekend and found myself evaluating my impulse purchases throughout the season. Some were bad and some were okay. Of all of the baits that I purchased, two really stood out to me. Tehy are definitely worth mentioning and I give both of them my highest recommendation.

The first is the Spro BBZ-1 baby shad. These baits are 2 1/2 inches long and flat out catch fish. They are too small for me to cal lthem a swimbait, but they have all of the swimbait action in a much smaller profile. They swim great at any speed and can be worked in columns of the water.

The only draw backs are first the price, they are a $12-$15 lure depending on where you get them. Secondly, they are small enough that the knot will affect how they swim. I find that they do best with a rapala or similar loop knot which is not preferred knot for a $15 lure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	baby spro.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	346.3 KB
ID:	5898

The second lure that has really paid off for me is the River2sea Step Wa. I have to admit, that I bought this one by mistake. I was looking for another white frog and picked it up without noticing the mouth.

This frog is built with a jitterbug style face. It has become my go to frog when I have a very small matted area. I can still toss it on the pads, but it really has a great action when moving in open water. It has been killer with a deadstick/slight twitch action. It is comparative in price to any other soft bodied frogs.

The downside: It is prone to roll if it gets anything on the mouth and it takes on water a little faster than other brands.
Click image for larger version

Name:	stepwam.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	5899

So, what bait purchases did you make this year that paid off the most.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.