Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-11, 04:05 AM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Bassfishin.com Get together Grand Lake edition

Ok it's time that this little shindig gets its own thread. Here is what we know for sure.

April 28th - May 1st

On Grand Lake of the Cherokees in Grove OK

We are still discussing the lodging. We have 3 places that we are considering. Here are the places that we are considering:

Lees Resort - http://www.leesresort.com/ - Here we would have a few options for renting cabins. We could get the big one that sleeps 14 people if we had enough members attend to warrant it, or if we wanted to keep snoring noise to a minimum then we could break down into smaller cabins.

Martin Landing - http://martinlanding.com/pgs/lodging.htm - Here is the resort that most all of the bigger tournaments come out of. They have descent ramps although there is a launching fee and I am not sure if that would be included in the rooms if we stay here.

Honey Creek - http://honeycreekresortandmotel.com/ - This resort I have no information on. I do know that it is close to Honey Creek state park which has a good ramp as long as the lake isn't high. If the lake is up you are left backing around a few downhill curves to the water, nothing major though, I do it several times a year.

I have no experience with any of these places, I have never even see the inside of rooms at any of these places. Take a look at the sites and lets start trying to decide where we are gonna stay.

Right now it looks like we may be short on boats so all members are encouraged to bring their boats with them if they would like. One idea that came up is that a few of the guys who don't have boats might want to go together and hire a guide for a day. This would most likely be cheaper than renting a boat and you would be more likely to be on fish the whole day.

Renting a boat has been mentioned by a few members too. If a few guys went together on a boat rental I think they could do it somewhat affordable. Problem is, right now we are having trouble finding marinas that rent fishing boats. As many marinas as there are on this lake I am sure that fishing boat rentals are to be had, it's just a matter of making some phone calls to track them down.

I think most of us are looking at showing up Thursday (the 28th) and staying the weekend. I may get there early Thursday and spend all day on the water or I may hang around the house until the afternoon. I will have my Triton 21X which can fish 3 guys so I will have at least one and maybe two open seats (depending on whether or not my wife comes along with me). I do have a club tournament on Saturday the 30th so I won't be able to take anyone this day. The tournament is on Grand so I will be back off the water around 3:00 to partake in the b.s. session for the evening.

Lets hear some thoughts and ideas.

Last edited by carolina-rig-01; 01-21-11 at 07:23 PM.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.