Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-11, 09:06 PM   #1
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Tavery5 & pro reel caught a few

Well, actually it was more than a few. We lost count at around 50 bass. We went to a privat 20 acre watershed that belongs to a friend of mine. We were planning on trying to catch some Crappie. We were headed across the lake shortly after launching and I saw a lot of arches on the sonar. I droped anchor and was rigging a crappie pole when Tony made a cast with a swim jig. 1st cast and he caught a 3 lb bass. Tony caught 3 more before I even got my crappie pole tied up. I tried for crappie for awile, but with no luck. I switched to a football jig and caught a 3 lber on my first cast. I caught a few more but Tony was leaving me in the dust, so I decided to try a shakey head rig. It was just a fun day of fishing so I wanted to try as many different things as I could. The shakey rig didn't pan out so I went to a swim jig also. I had a white one but Tony was using a bluegill coloerd bait. The white caught a few but not lake he was catching. I got a dork colored swim jig and caught a few. The action slowed down so we switched spots. I again tried a crappie jig and caught an 8 in crappie. We tried that for awile, but it seems it was one lone fish. We tried the swim jigs in that area, but no bass were taking them there. We headed back to a similar deep water spot and went back to catching several more bass. I tried a crank bait for awile, but no luck there. Tony picked up a small one on a trap. We had both mentioned earlier that jerk baits might work . I only have a few jerk baits, I don't use them often. Tony had some nice LC baits and some H20 baits. He rigged one up and caught 4 bass on 4 consecutive casts. I laid down the swim jig rod and grabbed my jerk bait tray. I had a deep diving Rapala bait and tried it, I caught a few on it, but it didn't seem to have the right action so Tony lent me an H20 bait and I caught sevral on that, I also missed several that were short striking or got off before they got to the boat. My elbow has been acting up lately and it got sore quick doing the jerk bait thing, so I went back to the swim jig, I caught a few more on that. I switched back to a crappie jig under a float and spent quite awile resting while watching the float. Never did catch another crappie. The water temp was 52 and I guess the crappie are scatered and inactive. Meanwhile , Tony caught literally dozens and dozens of small bass, 1 to 2 lbs each on the jerk bait. The wind was howling by early afternoon and gusting 30 to 40 mph. We got tired of fighting the wind so we put the boat on the trailer and headed to another small pond to fish from the bank. We kept 2 of the biggest bass and transplanted them to the smaller pond. We both caught one bass at the small pond before calling it a long day. Tony had the big fish of the day at 4lbs 6 ozs. here are a few pics to drool over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony and Kevin 4-2-11 001.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	6494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony and Kevin 4-2-11 003.JPG
Views:	501
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	6495   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony and Kevin 4-2-11 006.JPG
Views:	523
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	6496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony and Kevin 4-2-11 008.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	6497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony and Kevin 4-2-11 005.JPG
Views:	518
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	6498  

Last edited by pro reel; 04-03-11 at 01:44 PM.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.