Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which should I go with?
Abu Garcia- Vendetta= $70 15 88.24%
Cabelas- 2 Tourney Trails Rods= $60 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-11, 04:39 PM   #1
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Are 2 Rods really better than 1?

So I had my mind made up that the Vendetta was going to be my next rod. I get $10 of the $80 price tag so I can pick it up for $70. But then I was doing some crappie fishing and decided to take my spinning reel with my 7’ rod that I usually us for bass fishing out on the trip. Keep in mind that my other crappie rods 6’0 & 6’6” range. With this seven footer I was able to drop my jig and slip bobber in places that I never thought about trying before. I was pitching under low hanging branches, in between branches and limbs in the water, over obstacles that I would normally avoid. It just so happen that I have a Pflueger President that I need a rod for to add to my crappie arsenal. So as luck would have it I receive a coupon from Cabelas for buy 1 Tourney Trail rod get one free good thru this weekend May 15th. So I can get 2 Tourney Trails for $60. I already have one 6’6” on my Shimanno Sedona which is my main crappie setup. But now I’m torn because that Vendettas has been on my “to get” list for a while. But it’ll be awfully hard to pass up on the 2 Tourney Trails at that price.

So what better place to help me decide than here with my fellow anglers and gear *****s (no offense, just accept it).
Speak on it my brethren!
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.