Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-11, 12:47 PM   #25
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Keep in mind that I fully understand that I haven't seen how you are fishing, and I am just taking a guess here based on what problems I deal with and I think they are pretty common.

I have seen you post a lot of fishing reports on here and it's obvious that you are capable of catching fish. I know that 90% of the time that I struggle in a tournament it's because I fish too fast. I don't only mean that I am retrieving my baits too fast, but also other things like moving down a bank too fast, or maybe not fishing out a certain area as hard as I would if I was fun fishing. It seems like most of the times that I recover from a rough start in a tournament it's because at some point in the day I stop and take a deep breath and make myself calm down, after that things usually go better. I have no idea if you feel the pressure of being on the clock in a tournament like I do but if so maybe this is part of what is hurting your performances. Like I said I know you can catch fish so it's most likely something simple, you probably have that feeling that there is just one part of the puzzle that you haven't put into place yet but once you do you will have it figured out right? I have that feeling a lot, and most of the time that missing piece is something mental not mechanical.
yeah, i dont know. sometimes i can get on something,but this year is kicking my butt. maybe its the fronts coming through. i just cant figure those out. i fished fast friday and just spot fished and caught more than i figured i would. saturday,couldnt hardly catch a fish. only reason i stayed doing what i was doing is we were getting short strikes,just like friday, but not as aggressive. tried various things and never could get bit fishing slow. not sure what size or even what they were,but couldnt figure out where the fish had moved to. of course other people just killed em apparently,but nobody ever talks about that...lol
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.