Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-11, 12:45 PM   #1
johnsoft349
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Want to try frogging but have a problem with my set up.

So, one of my favorite fishing spots these days is a shallowish inlet in a big, big reservoir. This inlet has a ton of weeds toward the middle, and they're very thick. I've had some success with t-rigged worms and stuff, but I think a spro frog would SLAY those fish. It's the perfect spot for topwater.

The only problem is, I only have one rod. It says on the rod that it's meant for 6-12 lb. test. I currently have 10 lb. mono on it, which is working out fine as a general, all around line. For frogging though, I need much heavier line. I think 20lb braid is the standard?

So what do I do. I can't afford another rod, and I don't think the one i have would like having line that heavy on it. I also don't want to be using 20lb braid all the time. I looked into extra spools and haven't found anything. Is there another topwater bait I might be better off with?

Thanks guys.
johnsoft349 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.