Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-11, 11:15 AM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Advice about my wrist.

I just got back from my appointment with an Orthopedic Doctor, here's what he said.....

Since both x-rays didn't show anything, he said get a CT scans and an MRI, to see if their is any structural damage. If their is, get a cast. If not, don't. Either that or skip the scans, and treat it like it's broke and put a cast on it. He said if I was his son, and I did end up needing a cast, he wouldn't let me play. He also said (basically what Smitty said), that if I did play and ended up hurting it, that if I don't get surgery it could heal wrong and I could end up with Arthritis in my wrist. Something I definitely don't want if I want to continue fishing.

Ok cool, I'm getting the scans to see what's up.

IF they do show damage, and the Ortho decides I should get a cast on it, I'm not sure what to do. Obviously if they do not show damage, I'll play.

Should I do what I have been doing.... playing, and when it starts hurting stop. He said the cast should protect it, but if I land on it, or get it landed on, their is a possibility to re-injure it. If I do end up getting it hurt and needed surgery so it heals right then I'm all for that. I'd be fine having it immobilized completely the off season. Ice is on the water and I don't play basketball, so nothing wrong with that.

Or would it be better if the scans show I need a cast to just sit out most or all of season. obviously that would be safer, but is it worth it, THAT is my question.

First official game is Friday, need to decide fast....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.