Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-11, 07:16 AM   #1
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Crab toes

Put the boat in a remote 40 acre private/watershed the other morning. Starts getting hot around 10am so I put my hat in my lap, put my brand new $300.00 prescription sunglasses in it, and proceed to pull my shirt over my head and.....plink!...my glasses flip off my lap and in the water. I immediately glance at the Lowrance and it reads 5.2...I quickly drop an anchor. The decision is clear...$300. is a lot of money to waste...besides I was alone and my vision is so bad theres no way I'm safe to drive. So over the side I go extremely motivated to slowly and gently walk around in ever widening circles until I felt them with my foot and hope to perform the ole toe grab. I am 5'11", thankfully no milfoil in the spot but a soft bottom. So there I am 300+ yds from shore with nothing protruding above the water but my lips and nostrils most of the time, SLOWLY tip toeing around in circles for what felt like an hour I happen to hear some considerable commotion coming from the nearest upwind house. A crowd of about 8-10 lake dwelling housewives had gathered on the dock (several with binocs) and I can hear their frantic banter....."Oh my God I think he must be working up the nerve to commit sucide" ..."Should we call 911??" ...."Darlene run get yalls boat and go check on him!!" ETC ETC. Thankfully just as I was about to give up and holler at the ladies I found em...crab toed em...and continued fishing(up a little cove on the other end)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.