Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-12, 06:58 PM   #1
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Is your most effective technique...

Is your most effective bass fishing technique the most effective for you because it is truly that, OR because you use it with greater frequency than other techniques?

Just a question I thought I would pose.

During the "winter" lull, I don't have much else to think about anyway () This thought comes to mind to me when the winter blues roll around.

For example, in my case, I would have to say that using the drop shot is perhaps my most effective technique I employ to catch fish.

Is it the most of effective because it catches fish, or because I use it too much?

I could say that I have never ever caught a bass on a spinnerbait or a buzzbait, and this is still true today. This might be hard to believe, but neither lure has ever landed me a bass. But if I look at this from the other side, you can't catch a bass or fish with a lure you don't use.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that these two lure types don't or won't work. It is more likely that they have not worked for me because I have yet to put in the time using them and I can honestly say that I have probably thrown a spinnerbait no more than 3 times total last season.

So is there a correlation between what you deem your most productive technique vs. the amount of time you use it?

Let's hear it all.

IB's

Most Effective - Drop Shot and Crank/Hard Jerkbaits

Least effective - Jigs

Never effective - Buzz and Spinnerbaits

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.