Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-12, 01:14 PM   #1
dhaddix
BassFishin.Com Member

Default New Baitcasting Reels

Hey guys,

I am probably going to purchase at least one new baitcasting reel this spring, possibly two. I currently have several BPS Carbon Black reels, and a couple BPS Pro Qualifiers, as well as a Shimano Citica.

After recently getting back into bass fishing after a long stint as a professional golfer, I purchased the gear that I have just to have enough outfits to get me up and running, and have decided to spend my money from this point forward to get some nicer gear and upgrade my "arsenal".

That being said, I was hoping that some of you that are in the know on these sorts of things could tell me a bit about some of the new reels that are out. I had looked at the Chronarch (2012 white model), as well as the "new" Curado. Like most everyone else, I have seen some poor perspectives on these "new" reels from Shimano and was wondering what your all's opinions of them are? I have read countless reviews on other reel manufacturers, but based on my experience ( I used to fish a lot when I was younger), and my dad's experience ( he did a TON of tournament fishing back in his prime), I think I would like to stick with Shimano or Abu Garcia as my reels of choice, and would like to keep the price point at something reasonable (i.e. - $200 or less).

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I figured that ProReel or someone that gets to look at the guts of all these reels may have some great insight, as well as the other knowledgable members of this forum. Just want to try to make the most informed decision possible when I decide to make a purchase.

Thanks for your time reading this and for your replies.
dhaddix is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.