Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-12, 08:33 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default First outing 2012

I finally was able to get out for some real bass fishing for the first time this year. The air temp was 50 degrees and the wind was cooking at between 20-40 mph which made for a tough day in the jonboat. I was rigged with 6 rods. Two rods had 2 jigs, 1/4 and 3/8 oz, both from bigbassin144 who makes awsome jigs, two jerkbaits, shallow made by the old Excalliber and one Deep Rapala XP. One lipless crank, a 1/2 oz. model from Xcaliber, and one chatterbait style lure made by Bassboogieman, who makes the best. I can't verify for sure the water temp, but belive it was in the upper 30's, maybe 40 at the most. Made sure I wore my life vest today! Anyways, cold and windy was the forcast for today. It dropped into the teens last night. Fishing was tough, but I managed to land two dinks. The first one came from an Xcaliber lipless crank. The second came off a Excaliber jerkbait, and old favorite of mine for cold water. I threw everything else today, but man it was just plain tough. A couple weeks of warm weather will make a huge difference! But small as they were, it felt awfully good after waitting 4 months to wet a line again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0583.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	7700   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd bass 2012.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	7701   Click image for larger version

Name:	0320011632.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	7702  

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.