Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-12, 12:50 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Snuck out in the kayak this morning

And I actually had a camera with me. Got on the water right at 6 AM and went across the lake to the area I wanted to fish this morning, I just got started and heard the whoosh of the propane burners and this ballon came over the hill and went right over head - I screamed "good morning" and they screamed back at me - echoing across the water anyone else on the water musta thought I was nuts.

I started throwing a popper, I so wanted to catch some on top water. It was just smooth as glass early on, but the bass would not bother with it. Went to my favorite, a spinnerbait and tossed that for about 20 minutes that produced as well as the popper. Not gonna cooperate, so I went to the lake's killer bait - Senko (actually a clone) and that works like it almost always does. Not long after the change to soft plastic the first keeper of the morning (lake has 15" minimum). Not much over but he measured. He was right under an overhanging bush.

A little further down the bank, up against a tree, keeper #2 and a bit better fish.

Last area I wanted to fish in this arm of the lake, yielded my best of the day - chunky fish about 3.5 lbs. Actually towed me a little ways. This one was laying under an overhanging tree, skipped the Senko in there and was rewarded.

Around 8:30 the wind kicked up a bit, not bad but put a ripple on the water. Decided to hit the other end of the lake, about 1.25 miles which was a nice bit of exercise. Down by the dam I saw something unusual for me, a swan, darn thing was back in a cove by the dam. I thought most swans were domesticated, but this bird wasn't near anything domestic.

Had a good morning 14 bass total with 6 keepers. And the final picture is the bait I used.

I included a picture of the bait for the shameless purpose of promoting my buddy Doc Irv's work. This is one of his Senko clones in one of my favorite colors. This one lure caught 9 bass today (picture taken after #8), including the three pictured above, and was tied on from last week when I think I caught 1 bass on this bait. Note that it's wacky rigged, and no special rings are attached, just a Gammy hook stuck through the middle of the bait. This bait caught fish, several fish, actually lots of fish. I cannot say I ever remember catching more than 3 bass on a single G.Y. Senko, these baits hold up well without any special treatment. Oh, and it's still tied on and ok to be used next trip.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 06-15-12 at 03:11 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.