Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-12, 07:28 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Ok here's a good tale...

So I'm fishing at the pond. Alot of '4th ward ' (for lack of any other term,'the hood') kids are hanging there due to the beach being there and alot of thier parents drop them all day every day and let the city take responsibility caring while thier probably out drugging and drinking. Anyways many of the little monsters come with fishing poles, (you know the ones that you won't even give away cause they are such crap, rummage sale throw aways) Those who know, I fish daily (addiction) Hence many of the monsters came to know me. After continued 'educating' on how a real man conducts themselves and respect for others property and rites, some of these young men have proven to me thier new beliefs and thier actions now reflect this new found info. (most of thier dad's are in prison, 3 for beating the kids mom's almost to death)
Anyways a couple teachers that fish the pond and I got three of the monsters 'nicer' setups along with some basic terminal junk, plastics and just general fishing stuff. ( Ya I did some house cleaning and most of you know I'm not just addicted to fishing but accummulating fishing STUFF too) Each got a copy of Bass Stratagies by VanDam that I do assign chapters to read and quizes that assure they read what was assigned. (Commitment and follow through)
So now for the tale.

I'm dragging, swiming, hopping a jig with no luck at all, not even a nibble. Three of the boys came over and very respectfully asked me to show them how to jig. So we get them set up and the four of us throw jigs for like an hour and a half. Nothing, NADA, ZIP not even a nibble (me anyways). But I'll confess, one of the reasons a really like jigging is that the feel of every stone, every rock, every dip or fall in depth, every weed or patch of grass and YES that little tick followed by a strong tug when your crawling it back to you. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
They also enjoyed this new found sensation...minus the tick and tug.
So it's getting dark and I'm getting ready to leave. I reel in my jig and I'm giving a few last minute ideas about working a jig to the boys. Got my pole under my arm with the tip going behind my back and the jig hanging over the water like 12-18 inches above water.
Ya you folks know what happened next...... a 18in. 3.5lb. Largemouth jumps out of the water and grabs the jig out of mid air. Sets the hook itself and only made it halfway back in water, mid body and head still sticking out of water. The boys were facing me and saw the whole thing happen with a great shriek by all three. (I SH** my pants, just joking)

Moral of the story...Being *** backwards isn't always a bad thing.
Hope you enjoyed!
Have the very best week you all possible can, PLEASE.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.