Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-13, 12:40 AM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Starting to get my stuff organized.

I realize that you all could probably care less, but with as much effort as I put into it I figured I would at least brag a little hahaha. Last years tournament season had some highs and lows but ended with a pretty rough streak where I was on the right pattern but couldn't get anything to go my way, the last two tournaments I really wanted and expected to do well in left me pissed off for a week after each one of them. So when the season was done I took a deep breath and decided to forget all about fishing for a while. Well normally I spend all winter long tinkering with my fishing stuff but instead this year I just relaxed. This weekend I finally dug out my stuff and got to work on it. I had almost 40 new crankbaits that I got this winter that I needed to open and replace hooks on so I could get them put in the boat. I did that yesterday and I still have several bags of plastics and a lot of jigs I need to get put in the boat. Today I changed hooks on all the baits that I ignore most of the year but usually play a big role in the first few tournaments of the year (Wiggle Warts and jerkbaits). After I did that I took a Magic Eraser to all the cork grips on my rods and wiped down all the rod blanks with Bass Boat Saver. I still need to strip all the line off of the reels but I went ahead and labeled all the rods with what line I am going to put on them. It might not sound like much but it was a weekend full of split ring pliers, treble hooks, and digging through boxes and boxes of fishing stuff in the basement.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.