Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-05, 09:37 PM   #1
Tm_Customs

Default Catching bigger fish! Here Ya go!

I know alot of you guy's go out and catch upto 100 dinks and a day and that is fine w/ me if thats what you like doing. But here are a few tips and suggestions for those of you who wanna catch a bigger average fish, this means you will also catch alot less but much bigger fish.

First Step..
Tackle: Your gonna need a bit heavier rods than you may usally use for these bigger fish and bigger baits.
Suggested Tackle MH and H action rods a few situations in more open water M action is ok. I go w/ no less than 14lb line upto 20lb. I also only use casting tackle.

Second Step:
Bigger baits: Step up to the bigger bait that biggest fish in the lake wont pass up. Suggested baits
Plastics
Zoom Brush Hog 6" 5/0 super line hooks (weight varies) T/c rigged
10" power worms T/c rigged
6" senkos weigtless 5/0 super line hooks

Wirebaits
Large profile spinnerbaits
BUZZBAITS

Hardbaits:
Super Spook
Sammy 115 128's
LC BDS crankbaits
Bagley's DB3's

Other baits:
Sumo and Snag Proof Frogs
Strom Wildeye swimbaits 4-5"

(please note I dont fish live bait, it does catch alot of big fish but I dont like it)

Be sure and give some of these big baits a try, dont be scared almost all of these baits will catch all size fish just get the attention of larger fish aswell.

Anyone feel free to add your favorite BIG FISH baits aswell!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.