Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-05, 04:17 PM   #1
NCYankee
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Baitcast Reels

About three years ago, I had $40 left on a Bass Pro Shops gift card, so I bought the least expensive baitcast reel I could find. It is a Bass Pro Shops brand. I just started using it this year. About the only thing I can do with it is cast over hand or side arm - forget flipping and pitching for now. I usually leave it Carolina rigged and use it in mostly open water with no obstructions so that I don't have to worry as much about accuracy. I get a little bit of a backlash from time to time. I want to improve and reduce the backlash and upgrade to a better reel, but I have a few questions.

How important is the quality of the reel to ease of use?
How important is line size and proper spooling?

I am adjusting the tension and brakes to help my cast. Slowly, I am making the reel "more loose."

Please, let me know what you think and suggest a favorite reel if you have one.
NCYankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.