Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 09-26-05, 08:10 PM   #451
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ladd stadium. We used to play there back in the day, especially Tulane, but the capacity is still only around 50K.
Old 09-26-05, 08:16 PM   #452
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Yeah thats it. I dont know why I cant remember anything these days. I almost forgot that my highschools stadium is "The Swamp". Kinda weird lol. Our Team is the Satsuma Gators and the Stadium is "The Swamp". Its like the creator of the school was a gators fan or something. No wonder our Fotball Team sucks lol. I gotta quite raggin on the Gators. They have all the potwential in the world to beat our team this weekend.
Old 09-27-05, 11:47 AM   #453
Dyas

lol.................................
Old 09-27-05, 04:36 PM   #454
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Pretty funny dyas.......
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 06:13 PM   #455
angelus40
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i wonder if the cincy bearcats takes on the gators
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 06:46 PM   #456
Dyas

If you are refering to taking on as coming close to beating them doubt it. Now maybe they could give Aburn a run. But we will see exactly how good or how bad the Gators are this weekend. Its gonna be a defensive battle that will come down to the offensive lines and the run game. If Bodie Croyal can come off with another 300 yard passing game and Keneth Darby can get 125+ yards rushing we will have a real good chance of beating them. But like I said the whole game will come down to a defensive battle..........
Old 09-28-05, 01:49 PM   #457
flfireman

Saturday will be the game. The ghost of Bear Bryant will probably have to hide in the locker room though. Looking forward to the end of the trash talk. Go Gators!!
Old 09-29-05, 11:36 AM   #458
Dyas

....................... ROLL!!!!!!!
..................... TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
.................. ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-05, 04:45 PM   #459
angelus40

cincinnati bearcats lost to the miami hawks miami 44 cincinnati 16
Old 10-01-05, 07:09 PM   #460
flfireman

Well let me be the first. THE TIDE DIDNT ROLL, THEY DROVE OVER FL AND BACKED UP ONCE OR TWICE TO SEE IF THEY HIT ANYONE. Good game guys, BAMA was there to make a statement and it was made.
Old 10-01-05, 08:26 PM   #461
WTL

This is the picture that I will remember for the rest of my life. Priceless.

Get well soon Pro'.

ROLL TIDE.
Old 10-02-05, 08:54 AM   #462
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

that game didnt make my day any better.........i was disappointed, atleast thought we would hang in there. guess not.......maybe next time.
Old 10-02-05, 04:50 PM   #463
NJBassDevil
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Go GIANTS!
Old 10-02-05, 07:02 PM   #464
Dyas

What did I tell yall......... Huh.......... Whats that.........Defense to tough.......Thought so........
Old 10-02-05, 07:48 PM   #465
angelus40

go BENGALS WHO-DEY WHO-DEY THINK THEY GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS
NOOOOOOOOOBODY
Old 10-02-05, 08:12 PM   #466
Dyas

WTL. I think Mike Shula is a better coach than anyone gives him credit for. I dont think he is the Bear but I think he has what it takes to bring Bama back to the national status it once was. The only reason we did poorly last year is because we had so many of our key players injured. If it wasnt for that I think we could have done this last year. I think a few years down the line we will be in the hunt for the national chamionship again. But if Bama can find a way to beat LSU, Tennesse, and Auburn with Prothro out *Cries* I think we have a shot to be undefeated this year and be in the ship game this year. But like I said they have to figure out a way to perform as good if not better than they did against Florida if they want to get that far..............
Old 10-03-05, 12:30 AM   #467
WTL

Dyas, Shula has always seemed to be a solid coach but you have to remember that the Alabama local media lives on stirring up controversy with its football teams, and with auburn doing so well last year all they could do was harp on Shula.

As far as our chances of going undefeated, well I would lie if I said I hadn't considered how far it is to Pasedena, but its a long year. Prothro being out really does hurt as far as explosiveness is concerned, but recieving wise we still have a bigtime deep threat in Brown and a possesion reciever in Hall. Caddell, Knight and Oakley now will all play a lot more too. BTW, Prothro had a clean break in both his tibia and fibia, surgery supposedly went well and they expect that he may be back next year.

And about the game, it was the loudest I have ever been to and that includes several Iron bowls, UT-UAs and a few games against #1s. We had waited all week long, I blew off the last 2 days of class cause I couldn't concentrate - and when everyone got to the stadium it was clear how juiced the crowd was. Afterwards we hung out for maybe 10 minutes in the stadium with the players, sang the rammer jammer and the fight song, and then headed straight to the strip.
Old 10-03-05, 10:47 AM   #468
Dyas

Hopefully Prothro wont have any problems getting back next year. a friend of mine went to the game and after the first touchdown he linked me on the Nextel and you couldnt even hear him over the crowd in the background. I would have gone to the game but I had to plant at the huntin camp and get ready for the dove shoot next weekend. Im glad we got the win. maybe they will stop all the doubting and second guessing the team and coach for a while. BTW, where did you get your avatar lol
Old 10-09-05, 10:55 PM   #469
WTL

How about Penn State? Its good to see Joe Paterno get a chance to go out a winner. A lot of good programs are coming back, I think I might even root for Notre Dame this weekend.
Old 10-10-05, 04:21 PM   #470
lizardsrule

GO COLTS

Can you believe you can actually say Colts and defense in the same sentence They have me believing. Still undefeated, and mostly due to the defense WOW

Lizards
Old 10-10-05, 05:17 PM   #471
angelus40

cincinnati almost pulled it off but couldn't do it
Old 10-11-05, 11:34 AM   #472
Dyas

This is a line I read while on SI.com and this just made me smile even though I have heard it so many times........

This is the week when I'm supposed to jump on the Georgia bandwagon, right? That's what you're supposed to do whenever a highly ranked SEC team goes on the road and beats an equally heralded conference foe, because, as you know, the SEC is the toughest conference in the land, no questions asked.
But has anyone stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, the league that merited four preseason top-10 teams isn't what it was cracked up to be this year?
Nothing against the Dawgs, whose "no-name" defense (ranked No. 7 nationally in points allowed) has been the driving force behind their 5-0 start and top-five national ranking, but let's be honest, this season's SEC offenses leave a lot to be desired. With the exception of one glorious quarter and overtime in Baton Rouge, Tennessee has been a mess. The Urban Meyer experiment at Florida is off to an overly rocky start. LSU is wildly inconsistent (the Tigers led Vanderbilt 12-6 after three quarters Saturday before pulling away). Auburn is a work in progress. South Carolina and Mississippi State, the two other conference teams Georgia has beaten, are well below that.
The D.J. Shockley-led Dawgs are a mix of good and bad, hence my hesitation to embrace this team. Anyone who watched their 27-14 win over the Vols on Saturday saw what amounted to a battle of turnovers. Georgia jumped to a 13-0 lead thanks in large part to Tennessee QB Rick Clausen's first-half interception at the goal line and subsequent fumble. Shockley then let the Vols back in the game in the second half with his own pick (which was returned 41 yards by Jonathan Wade) and fumble, before Tennessee doomed itself for good by turning the ball back over three plays later.
As a result, Georgia is sitting pretty in the SEC East, with the Oct. 29 Cocktail Party against Florida likely the lone obstacle in the way of a third trip in four years to the Georgia Dome. If the Gators fall to LSU next week, the Dawgs might not even have to win that one.
Georgia's defense is playing at the same dominant level as it has the past three seasons, despite losing renowned coordinator Brian VanGorder and first-day NFL Draft picks David Pollack, Thomas Davis and Odell Thurman. That's a credit not only to VanGorder's understudy, Willie Martinez, but also to a core of previously unheralded veterans (defensive end Quentin Moses, safeties Greg Blue and Tra Battle, cornerback DeMario Minter) who have taken their games to another level. The Dawgs' offense, however, much like the rest of the conference, is good but not great. Shockley is up and down. The running backs, Thomas Brown and Danny Ware, get the job done but they don't exactly wow you. The receivers are almost non-existent.
Don't get me wrong, I'll still take a flawed SEC over most of the nation's other major conferences right now. Let's face it, the Big Ten has been an embarrassment. Can you even name the second-best team in the Big 12? But when push comes to shove, there's only one SEC team, Alabama, who I'd give a fighting chance against a USC, Texas or Virginia Tech -- because the Tide are explosive both offensively and defensively.
Old 10-13-05, 05:03 PM   #473
flfireman

Very well thought post there. Do you feel Bama has the post season experience to go against USC or Texas and beat them. They are good, and yes they embarassed my GATORS, but the SEC is just a drop to going in for a National Title. Not sure who will pull it off.
Old 10-13-05, 05:31 PM   #474
Dyas

To tell you the truth I think bama will wind up 4th in the nation and not compete for the national title. But hopefully will though. I just dont realy see it happening. But hey, it is Bama. Like Notre Dame we dont play our games on paper. im not sure what i think really......
Old 10-13-05, 05:34 PM   #475
WTL

I'll answer that FL.

It is my opinion as a student at The University of Alabama that if we were to face either team in the Rose Bowl, there would be no way we would lose. Post-season experiance for the tide? Well, we have more bowl appearences and bowl wins than any other program. The team knows this, even though most have only played in 1 bowl game, and they are not in awe of any program in the country. The whole UF game last week, it was just one step in what I have called our "revenge" tour - basically the last 5 years have been terrible because of things out of our control, but with a program with as much pride, tradition and focus, you get them in a big game and you are garanteed to see this team fight and do anything it can to win. Remember, there is an unusual number of seniors on this team, guys who have played for 4 years cause of a lack of depth and have tons of experiance, they are the heart of this team. I said before the year that I thought we would suprise a lot of folks and it looks like I was right. How far can it go? I don't know, but this team thinks they are every bit USC, Texas and Va Techs equal. The problem is still the same - depth, we are young on the line and in some other areas - and lets face it you need luck to make it to Pasedena, everyone does, but it wouldn't suprise me. Looking at the way the schedule sets up, there is not 1 team that will be favored over us this year until perhaps the sec championship or maybe, hopefully the Rose bowl.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.